Chapter 44

Her head hurt or was it her heart she couldn't tell. What she wanted was a shoulder to cry on. Marian quietly left her room and snuck over to Kaia's. Even though she was upset with her at the moment, she needed her.

"Kaia?"

Marian grunted when she didn't respond. So she crawled into the bed and laid right next to her. "I'm moving out so you don't have to worry about me anymore. No one will," she said stifling back her tears.

"Don't be stupid your aren't moving anywhere," Kaia said half asleep.

"I told Harry about the book and he freaked out. My second attempt at love failed before it even started," she said as her eyes flooded with tears.

Kaia rolled over and looked Marian dead in the eye. "What do you mean he freaked out?"

Marian let the flood gates open and told Kaia everything.

"Shhh, relax this is Harry we are talking about he will come around,"Kaia said pulling Marian into a hug and rubbed her back gently.

"No, he said he was at the end of his rope. No more marriage. No more need for him to be around," she continued on.

Kaia tried her best to calm her down and had to admit she was happy she came to her for comfort and not her children. The next time she saw Harry Styles she was going to give him a piece of her mind.

Zayn looked at Harry and felt bad for him. "She does need you. You need to stop thinking she doesn't." He said. "Let me ask you something. Wouldn't you want to start over with a clean slate?All secrets out in the open?"

"Forgive me if I don't want to relive the worst time of my life. I don't want to read about how much she disliked being with me and longed to be with someone else. So no, I don't want to rehash the past. I just need to accept the fact Marian and I will never work. Louis will always be a sore subject. So if you don't mind, I will be leaving now" Harry said as he turned for the door.

"Harry stop," he said. "And you're right, he will always be a sore subject.There's no getting around it. But by walking out that door means you're walking out on her. Not giving her the chance she so desperately wants. She's turned to you because she wants to be back in your life. Despite the things she's done and despite the things you've done as well."

Harry turned to Zayn and began to wonder. "Sometimes the past is too hard to face. What if I can't do it? I would rather live in denial. Plus you are one to talk,what would you do if the shoe was on the other foot?" He asked and raised an eye brow. "How would you react if you found out that Kaia was having sex with Liam, but said it was just something I needed to get out of my system. Can we start again?I bet your feeling would change on situation and you would not be asking me to give Marian's book a read."

Zayn sighed heavily. He hated to admit he wondered if there was more to Kaia and Liam's friendship. But he had enough faith and trust in his wife. "You're right," he said. "It would crush me.But she's not. She would never do that to me. But this isn't about me. This is about you and Marian." He pulled out a chair for Harry to sit down and he sat down next to him. "She wrote that book because she needed to. She needed to get her feelings out somehow. Are you going to hold her relationship with Louis against her forever? I thought there was no one else in the world for you?" He questioned.

"I will only fuck things up again. She wants me to read this and the only thing I will learn from it is how much better a boyfriend Louis was than I was. How the only reason she is giving me the time of day is because of the tragic events of the past. She lost everything and I can't compete with that." He sighed wished he had a drink. "I love her, but a part of me will always hate the fact that she chose him over me. I want to ignore the past and focus on the future."