Chapter 5 :)

Niall looked up from his hamburger and frowned at me. “Are you alright Vi?” I nodded my head. “Yeah, something just came up.” Greg scoffed. “And went down, but didn’t stay down.” I loaded my plate with salad, and began to eat, ignoring everyone stare. “What are you talking about Greg?” “Oh nothing little bro, nothing but dirt.” I turned my face towards Greg and glared. Why won’t he shut his big mouth?

Greg looked up at me, so I mouthed ‘Shut up’. Did he listen…No. “Greg what are you talking about?” I turned back to my food, waiting to see what Greg would say. “Oh, only-” “GREG!” I smiled and ate the rest of my dinner. Thank you Mum. Always to the rescue. Niall turned to me, along with the rest of the boys. “What are you keeping from us Vi?”

Harry’s POV

I, along with the lads turned to Violet. What is this girl hiding, that made her cry, yell at her family, but most of all, is scared to tell us? “Nothing Nialler. Greg won’t shut his mouth.” Violet excused herself from the table, stood up and walked out, but not before hitting Greg across the head.

Their Mother, Maura followed Violet out, leaving us and Greg in the kitchen. As soon as Violet and Maura were out of hearing distance, Niall turned to Greg. “What is wrong with Vi?” Greg shook his head. “As much as I want to tell you little brother, I can’t I promised Vi I wouldn’t say anything.”

Niall nodded his head and looked away. “When did it happen?” Everyone turned to me, surprised and shocked. “She told you?” I shook my head. “No, but whatever is troubling her, when did it happen? And no we won’t say anything.” Greg sighed. “As long as you lads promise.”

I, along with the other 4 guys nodded my head. “We promise.” “Okay, well the thing that I can’t tell you guys, only happened in the last few weeks.” “How many weeks ago Greg?” Greg turned to his brother. “Two or three weeks ago. It wasn’t that long, that’s why she was at Dad’s house.”

“How long was she over there?” “Two weeks.” My eyes widened as we heard footsteps on the stairs. “You’re sister is asleep, cried herself to sleep, again. I don’t know if she did it while was at your Father’s house.” “I’ll be here if she needs someone to talk to. We’ll all be here, right guys?” I turned to the lads and saw all of them nodding. “Yes, no matter what. We’ll be there to protect her.” I saw Greg and Maura exchange glances.

“That’s what she needs at the moment guys. If she tried to push you away, just don’t back down.” Greg nodded his head and mumbled something. “What was that bro?” “Nothing.” Louis turned to me, with worry in his eyes. I think we all had the same expression on our faces, if not, it’ll be reflecting in our eyes.

“Greg Horan, what did you bloody say?” Greg looked up at Niall. “I said; just don’t raise your voice at her!” I jumped in my seat, along with Liam, who was also the closest to Greg.

“Why would we want to raise our voice to Violet? She’s sweet, like a little girl, who you can’t raise your voice to.” I smiled at Zayn. “I agree.” “How bad is it, on a scale of one to ten?” Trust Daddy Direction to ask the sensible question…Wait, why didn’t I think of that question? “Uh, I would have to say 6. What about toy Greg, you’re the one that, you know.” “I say either eight or nine.” Greg shook his head and stood up.

“I’m checking up on her then going to bed. It’s already ten.” I nodded my head and glanced down at the table as Greg left. “Why can’t we know Mum?” “Because it’s up to your sister, and you know that Niall.” Niall sighed. “But I want to help her as best as I can.” I turned to Louis to see Louis looking down at his hands, which were on his lap. I think we all didn’t know what to do. “I know Niall, but it is up to your sister to tell you guys.”

“I feel so useless.” I looked down at my lap. “I agree with Haz. I may only have meet her five hours ago, but I want to protect her.” “I agree and she has that vibe to her.” I looked up to smiled to Maura. “I will make it my personal mission to keep her safe and out of harm’s way.”

Maura smiled with tears in her eyes. “Oh thank you boys. She would say she doesn’t need the protection, but I know she’ll be glad to have someone always watching her back.” Niall chuckled. “She’s always been like that Mum.” I got up grabbed all the plates and placed them on the sink. “Well I’m going to go to bed. Night boys.” “Goodnight!”

I turned to face the boys. “So, what-” I was cut off by a scream, and from the worry and panic expression on Niall’s face, I knew it was Violet. I ran out of the kitchen, up the stairs and into Violet’s room.

My eyes widened as I watched Violet thrash in the bed. “Violet!” I stood beside Liam as Maura and Greg ran to her bedside. “Honey, wake up!” “Mum what’s going on?!” “She’s reliving that day. Violet!” Niall slowly walked over to stand next to Greg. “Violet?”

Violet’s POV

“Violet?” I screamed and sat up in bed, just to see everyone in my room. “Oh thank god, you scared the shit out of us.” Niall moved Greg to the side and pulled me into a hug. “I’m here for you Vi. Nothing will hurt you again.”

I hugged Niall back, scared he’ll leave me when I need him the most. “I-I’m scared Niall.” I started to cry in Niall chest. “What are you scared about?” I stiffened and knew this time Niall felt it. “I can’t s-say Niall.” He sighed but nodded his head. “I understand, but you must know we’re all here for you.”

I slowly pulled away and looked at the rest of the guys. “Thanks and I promise you, I’ll tell you some other time.” Niall pulled away and was about to leave the room, but I grabbed his arm. “Please don’t leave me.” Niall shook his head. “I won’t Vi.” I smiled, pulled the covers back up and fell asleep cuddling Niall for the first time in a long time.

~~~~~The next day~~~~~

I slowly opened my eyes to see a bare chest…Everything that happened last night came back to me like a tonne of bricks…That was the worst nightmare I’ve had since that night. I slowly sat up and smiled when I saw my brother asleep, lightly snoring. I didn’t want to wake him up, so I quietly stood up and headed down stairs, where I could smell food cooking.

“Good morning guys.” Liam, Greg and Louis looked up and smiled at me. “Are you alright from last night?” I nodded my head, yawned and sat down beside Louis.

“Yeah, sorry for scaring you all.” Liam turned back to the stove and finished cooking whatever he was cooking. “I’ll tell you guys.”

_______________________________________________

Tell me what you guys think of it? Anything and everything will be taken to note :)

Annabelle :)