One

Catherine's POV

Tears welled in my eyes as Eli knelt in front of me, and he opened the box. I smiled, as I wiped a stray tear from my cheek.

"Eli." I whispered, and he smiled.

"I know, it's kinda soon, compared to your plan, but I love you. I never want to leave your life. Please say something other than my name." He spoke, as he laughed the last part. I stood up, and helped Eli back to his feet. I leaned forward and kissed him softly, before nodding slowly.

"Yes." I whispered, and he smiled, before wrapping his arms around me and kissing me passionately.

"I'm so glad you said yes." He smiled, as he slipped the ring onto my finger. I looked at it for a moment, before turning around to look at our parents. 

My father was smiling, but the rest were kinda upset. I swallowed hard, and Eli wrapped his arm around my waist.

"So?" He asked.

"Catherine, take the ring off. Now." My mother ordered, and I looked at her. Confusion covered my expression.

"What? Why?" I asked, slowly.

"Because you aren't marrying him. I don't want to be tied to Elliot's family. So take it off and grab your stuff. You'll be coming home with us." She spoke, as her voice shook. She stood slowly.

"Momma-" I stared, but she shook her head.

She walked out, and I looked at Eli, and then at my father. I looked back at Eli, and saw that he was holding the box, and looking down at it sadly.

"Uh..." He trailed off, and I leaned towards him and kissed him.

"I'll go talk to her."

///

Eli's POV

My uh, my Catherine ran off to talk to her mother, and I looked at my parents in disbelief.

"She can't tell Catie what to do." my father huffed, and I looked at him, as my anger surfaced. I shoved the box into my pocket, before walking towards him. He was about to say some dick comment again, and I punched him in the nose, before grabbing my jacket, and heading away.

"Eli!" My mother called, but I wanted nothing to do with her she could do nothing. The love of my life might not even marry me all because my father couldn't keep it in his damn pants!

I made it out onto the side walk, and I ran my hands through my hair, as my anger ran through my veins. I was so nervous about Catie's answer, and what her mother's answer would be to this whole thing.

"Eli, what the fuck was that?" My father yelled, as he came out of the building, and towards me. I turned around, and got ready to punch him again, but he grabbed my wrist, and pinned me easily against the wall. 

"Get off me!" I yelled, and he shook his head.

"You need to calm down, son. You need to just take a few breaths and try to clear your mind." My father spoke, but I couldn't. I couldn't get all of this confusion out of my head.

"You had to sleep with her!" I spat.

"What?" He replied.

"You slept with Olivia, and now she hates me! She doesn't want anything to do with us, and that means I can't be anything to Catie! I love her so much! More than anyone else I've been with before!" I cried, as I finally broke. My father released my arms, and he turned me towards him. 

Tears made their paths down my cheeks, as my father watched on. I didn't like crying. I always felt like I was a shitty man if I did, but this was different. This was my soulmate we are talking about. Not just some random girl I slept with a few times.

"Eli, Olivia is going to come around. She can't say no to her daughter when it comes to love." He spoke, and I shook my head.

"Dad, this is so hard. This is different too." I croaked.

"Eli, just don't worry about it right now. Nothing is set in stone, so just go back in there and wait. Don't do anything stupider than punching your father." He spoke, and I looked around, as I wiped tears from my cheeks.

"Okay."

///

Olivia's POV

David was going to be in the dog house for at least a year for giving Eli his blessings. My daughter was NOT going to marry a Stabler. They love to tear your heart out, and stomp all over it. When Elliot and I were... when we slept together and kinda dated, I finally let the love I had for him show through. I finally trusted someone, and thought I would be with him forever, but then he hurt me, and left me behind. I had to find the ability to trust people again, and that's how I got Catie and David. I trusted him, and he gave me the best gift in the world.

"Momma, can we talk?" Catie asked quietly. I have no idea how she found me, but somehow she did.

"Catie, I told you to give Eli the ring back. Why didn't you?" I replied, coldly.

"Because I'm not just going to break up with the man I love, because you are still caught up on Elliot. Don't you feel silly acting like this, when you've been married to my father for 22 years?" She asked, and I drew in a sharp breath, before turning around.

Was I really acting silly about this? It was only a fling... Or at least it was only a fling to Elliot. Not to me.

"Catherine, you'll never understand. You need to just do what I say, and we won't have issues."

"What happened to wanting me to be happy, Momma? What happened to accepting my choices? I've dated some horrible men, and you waited for me to figure out that they were wrong. But you still accepted them. Momma, why can't you accept Eli?"

"Because." I whispered.

"BECAUSE WHY?" My daughter yelled at me, and I turned around and threw my hands into the air.

"Because I don't want to be around Elliot anymore! I don't want to be hurt again!" I cried, and she just shook her head.

"I can't deal with you right now." Catie whimpered, before she turned and walked away, her heels making loud noises against the floor. I swallowed hard, and shook my head.

I wasn't giving up on this. She wasn't going to marry Eli. I can't have her get hurt by a Stabler. Because they are monsters, especially to Bensons.

Like it????

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D