8x07 - Redlining

Andi's POV:
School was clearly cancelled until the shooters were apprehended. That didn't stop the LGBT+ kids from living in fear.

We found out that Jonah's parents were away on a business trip, which Jonah forgot to mention to us. I can't blame him. He's put under a lot of stressed with everything going on. It doesn't surprise me that that detail slipped his mind. So, for now, he's staying with us. We're aware of the risk, but it's either that, or leave Jonah alone at his house.

In other news, Buffy hasn't left her house in days. Whenever I try to visit her, her dad politely neglects me to see my friend. According to him, Buffy stares at her phone all day, looking at pictures of her and Marty. I can't blame her for wanting to be alone.

———

I walked to the Spoon to pick up some baby taters for Jonah and I, when I saw Amber and Iris sitting at the table. I looked at my watch. "I have time." I said to myself.

I walked over and sat next to them. "Hey, you two."

They both responded happily, but I can tell they were being bothered by something. "I can tell you're not happy right now. It's fine if you want me to leave."

"Nono." Iris said. "It's not you. It's just..."

Amber continued Iris's statement. "We have no idea where Kip is. Don't get us wrong. We absolutely hate him. But still, he hasn't shown up to school, and we checked with the police. There were no arrests relating to him."

"He might have ran away." I said. "He killed Tyson. I wouldn't be surprised if he ran off to hide out."

Iris shook his head. "No. We went to his house. His parents were furious for what he did, and won't hesitate to have him arrested, but they haven't seen him since the incident."

"Meaning what?"

"He didn't run away. If he did, he would've gone home to steal some money to live off of. All the money was accounted for, so... I think Kip was taken away or something."

"By someone other than the police?"

Both of them nodded. "But... who would take him?"

Amber shrugged. "That's what we're trying to find out."

The three of us just sat there in silence. Amber was right. We were so focused on everything else, no one seemed to notice when Kip suddenly disappeared. Then again, I don't really blame them.

I got the baby taters, and I told them where I had to be so they would understand the rush.

When I got home, the house was quiet. For a few seconds, it seemed normal. But of course, Jonah was with us. "Jonah? Where are you? Jonah? Jonah?!"

—————

Cyrus's POV:
My flower went full red. I don't know what happened after that, but now, I'm back here. In this weird limbo world. That's bad. That means I'm once again closer to death.

I was watching my body. It seemed alright, so what's happening? Too soon. My body back in the hospital started to seize and redline.

Doctors rushed in, trying to keep me stable. But nothing was working. Jonah ran in, and immediately started to cry. "Nonononononono. Cyrus!"

I wasn't even able to sit next to him. I had to watch helplessly through some kind of window between worlds."

He buried his face into his jacket, and started to mutter. I could hear what he said, though. "Please don't die. We still need you."

I started to cry myself after hearing that. I tried to shout to the window. "I won't! Jonah, if you can hear me, I'm not going to die."

Once again, my hopes got too high, and I spoke too soon. A large cloud of darkness wrapped around me, and the only light I saw was the one from the window.

Is this the end for me? Am I actually going to die? These were my thoughts as the cloud of darkness consumed me and led me to death.