4x04 - Talk

*Knock Knock*
Celia put down the dishes and opened the door by the front. "Bex. Thank you so much for coming."

"Yeah, of course." Bex looked a little worried. "What did you need?"

She took a deep breath. "It's time. We have to tell Andi what happened. After she was born."

Bex's eyes widened. "No. No. Mom! She's already mad at Jonah. Those two completely messed up the cafe. If we tell her this, and she reacts negatively, her already boiled up rage will be released onto us."

"You're being overdramatic."

"Says the one who made me and dad pretend I was her sister."

Celia scoffed. "Haha. Very funny. At the very least, we can talk about what happened, and when Andi's ready, we'll tell her everything."

"Fine by me, but it's been 13 years, and we still haven't agreed about what happened. I doubt we'll be able to come to any conclusion in one night."

"We have to try. Andi's been in the dark this whole time." Celia sat down on the couch, and Bex sits down next to her.

"Okay." Bex said. "Let's talk."

—————

Buffy's POV:
Andi, Cyrus, and I walked into the theater. Popcorn and drinks all ordered. We were ready to watch.

"Wow, Andi." I said. "That is such a cute necklace. Where'd you get it?"

"Bex got it for me." Andi said. "Apparently, it was only $15 at the fashion store."

"That's so awesome. Maybe I'll go over there and get something for myself." I looked over and saw that Cyrus seemed super bored.

"Cyrus? You can join our conversation if you want."

He shook his head. "I'm not into fashion stuff."

"Well, how else are you going to break the boredom?"

"I don't know. I used to be able to bring a friend over to our hangs. But due to certain circumstances..." He leered at Andi. "...I couldn't bring him along."

Andi rolled his eyes. "Look, we can do whatever you want tomorrow."

"I'm hanging out with Jonah tomorrow." Cyrus said.

Andi sighed. "You know, I'm pretty sure you hang out with Jonah more than with me."

Cyrus took out his phone. "Nope. I make sure I spend equal amounts of time with both of you." He showed us his calendar. Yep. Equal days.

Andi looked frustrated. "Why are you even hanging out with him? I'm your best friend. You've known me longer."

"You know me. I'm not the kind of person to just ditch someone without good reason. I'm not involved in this war between you two. If I want to hang out with you both, I'll do just that."

I glanced at the movie screen. "Oh, finally. Movie's starting." Thank you, movie gods. I couldn't stand to hear another word of this argument.

—————

Andi's POV:
Movie was over, and we all left the theater. I was heading to the house when Bex texted me.

———

Andiman. We're having dinner at Cece's place. Head over there instead of here.

Ok. Is it fine if Buffy and Cyrus come over as well? They have nothing better to do tonight.

Cece and Pops say it's fine. But tonight might be a little more... serious.

They said they'll leave if things get too hectic during dinner.

Okay. See you there

———

"Come on." I said to the two. "Let's head over to Cece's place."

———

I opened the door and saw that Bex, Cece, and Ham were already sitting at the table, food completely prepared.

Buffy, Cyrus, and I took our seats. Cece spoke. "Andi, if you want, we're ready to give you a talk."

I replied, "Umm. Hate to break it to you, but... I already know how it works."

She rolled her eyes. "Not the talk. A talk. And how do you know about that?"

Bex saved me. "We're off topic now. Andi. If you're ready, we'll tell you why I left you with Cece and Pops."

I turned to Buffy and Cyrus. "You can leave if you want." But, those two were already eating, eyes glued on Bex and Cece.

Bex made a small chuckle and said, "Okay. Here's what happened..."