6x01 - New School

Death. It's not as scary as people think. It actually feels pretty peaceful to me. I slowly start to feel myself fading away. My eyes start to water. I just want to hold my friends and family. One last time. Everything around me starts to fade to black. My name is Cyrus Goodman, and I'm dead.

—————

Jonah's POV:
Grant High School. Me, Buffy, Cyrus, and Andi all looked at each other in hesitation. I started to speak. "This school is... bigger than I originally thought."

"Well, of course it is." All four of us looked back to see Amber and Iris. "High School is a lot bigger than middle school."

Iris said, "Lucky for you, we can help you to show you the ropes. Come on."

They led us inside the main building. "Don't worry, guys. We've been in your shoes. We were just as nervous on the first day. Trust us. It'll seem less... threatening the longer you're here."

"Will you guys be fine? We have to go register ourselves."

"We'll be okay." I said.

"Good." Amber said. "Have fun. Oh, yeah. Check out the club fair later today. There's a lot of clubs I think you'll love."

As the two girls walked away, a woman walked over to us. "Hello. Are you four freshman?"

"Yes, we are." Andi replied.

"It's very nice to meet you. I'm the principal of this school. My name is Ms. Garnet. Which is weird, since my birthstone is a turquoise."

We all introduced ourselves and she said, "If you ever need anything, my office is right here. Now if you'll excuse me, I should probably introduce myself to the other students. Have a great first day."

I turned to everyone. "So, where do we go to get our schedules?"

"The paper says to go to the cafeteria." Cyrus says. "But, where is it?"

Buffy shrugged. "I guess we should start walking around."

—————

Cyrus's POV:
We all picked up our schedules and met up outside. "Guys, let me see your schedules. I want to see if we have any of the same classes."

The three gave me their papers. "Dang it. None of us have the same classes."

We all sighed. "Oh well." Buffy said. "We still have recess, lunch, before and after school, and the weekends to hang out. We'll be just fine."

"Want to head to the club fair now?" Andi suggested.

—————

Jonah's POV:
I ran towards the group. "Hey guys! Guess what?! They have an ultimate frisbee team here! I already got a form!"

Buffy held up her form. "Track team. Now I have a whole new bunch of competition to beat."

"You mean your teammates?" Andi asked.

"Yeah, sure. Teammates."

Andi laughed and shook her head. "Anyways, I'm going to check out the art club booth. See you guys later."

"I'll go with you." Buffy said. "Cause Cyrus is coming back, and I want to let the two lovebirds have some alone time."

I waited for Cyrus. He didn't have a form like the rest of us. "Cy, you didn't find a club to join?"

"Actually, I did. I'm joining Play Production. But they didn't have forms. Instead, it's a meeting on Wednesday."

"That's great."

"Did you find a frisbee team?"

"Yeah, I did."

"Great. I'll be sure to bring my stuff to the games. I'm still Fan #1, right?"

"If you're not to my team, you'll at least be number one to me." I gave Cyrus a hug. Suddenly, the both of us are knocked down.

"Oh, sorry." A familiar voice said. "Didn't see you guys there."

We both got up and I saw who was in front of me. Kip. I quickly pushed Cyrus behind me. "What do you want?" I said bitterly.

"What? Now can't I just give you two a warm welcome to Grant High?" He pushed us down again.

"I thought you were done messing with us."

"Yeah, right. That incident on the street was just a warmup."

"Why?" Cyrus said. "Why are you still trying to hurt us? Amber's our friend now. She's not mean to us anymore."

Kip looked like he was about to punch us. "That may be true. But you two are dating. Your middle school may have supported this, but over here, queers get what they deserve."

Cyrus made a nervous joke. "A welcoming hug?"

He raised his fist. "No. A beating."

"That's enough!" All three of us saw Amber and Iris rushing towards us. "Kip, how many times do I have to tell you? Mess with my friends, and I'll make sure that every follower I have knows what a douche you are!"

"You're really going to support this? They're gay, Amber!"

Amber stepped forward. You need to leave now, you little son of a--"

Iris stopped her. "Okay, calm down. You've made your point."

Kip turned to us before walking away. "This isn't over."

Amber and Iris helped us up. "Can't believe I was ever friends with that guy."

"You guys okay?" Iris asked.

"We're alright." Cyrus replied.

"I promise you. If Kip tries something like this again, he's going to regret it."

I thanked the two before I walked away with Cyrus. But, I'm still uneasy about what Kip might do.