2x09 - It Should Be Me!

3rd Person POV:
Andi groaned. "Why? Is this really necessary?"

Everyone said, "Yes. Yes it is."

Bex walked up to Andi. "You have been avoiding them for a week now. Don't you think it's time we at least tried to fix this?"

"You can try. Nothing is going to fix this."

Andi sat down, and said, "What now?" Her face was emotionless.

Ham walked forward. "Best way to solve it is to know the full story."

"But, where does it start?" Celia asked.

"When Jonah told Cyrus he liked him." Buffy replied. "Then, someone, most likely Amber, recorded it and posted it on Loop. Andi finds out about this, and gets mad at Jonah for it telling her sooner."

Bex looked over at Jonah. "Now we know what happened. Jonah, why didn't you tell Andi sooner?"

"What would you say to someone right before you ruined your relationship? I couldn't just tell her, 'Hey, Andi. Sorry. But I like Cyrus now'."

Then she looked at Andi. "Okay, and I'm sure you understood why he couldn't tell you."

"Yeah. I understood."

"And you're still mad. That means that she isn't mad about you not telling her. She's mad about something else."

"No I'm not."

Buffy rolled her eyes. "Then, why are you avoiding those two?"

"I just don't want to hang out with them."

"Why?"

"I just don't think it's right that Cyrus and Jonah are dating."

"Because it's a gay relationship?"

"No! Because it should be me that's dating him!"

The room went silent. "Andi." Cyrus said. "Are you jealous?"

She started tearing up. "No. I just..." Andi ran up the stairs and shut the door in her room.

———

Bex walked into Andi's room, where Andi had her face in her pillow, sobbing.

"Andi, you need to come to terms with it. I've gone through this. Having your best friend and your crush date."

"I really want to not be jealous about this, but it's so hard." Her tears got bigger.

Bex hugged her. "It's nothing to be ashamed of. It's human. Being jealous is normal. At the same time, you have to accept it when you can't get something someone else has."

"How do I do that?"

Bex thought for a bit. "I know. Empathy is one way. Think about Cyrus. He's had a crush on Jonah for a long time now. And even after he found out Jonah was bi, he still stepped aside so that you could date him."

Andi started to understand. "And now that they're dating, I should step aside so that can be happy."

"Yep. I'm not saying you can't be jealous. But, at the very least, don't avoid them. They're the only people you have if something goes wrong."

Andi hugged Bex back. "When did you become such a good mother?"

She shrugged. "Guess it was when I needed to learn how to raise an amazing daughter."