2x01 - It's Settled

Cyrus's POV:
I was sitting at the table with Buffy, when I saw Jonah and Andi walking towards us, holding hands.

I should be happy for them, but I'm still a bit jealous. Little less than before. Cause now, I might actually have a chance with Jonah.

Just a few weeks ago, he came out as bi. It wasn't too much of a big deal. Jefferson Middle is a great place, and so far, we haven't had any homophobic people bully him. But, that's probably because he's Jonah Beck. People love him. If I came out as gay, people would notice me, but it wouldn't be in a good way.

That's beside the point. Not only is Jonah bi, but Buffy thinks he has a crush on me. He's shown signs of flirting with me, but I doubt he likes me. He could be with anyone he wanted. Why choose me?

It sucks too. I have a massive crush on him, and all three of them know it too. But, sometimes, it tends to get really awkward that my best friend and crush are dating right in front of me.

Whatever, maybe those two will break up, and I'll be the one with Jonah. One can only hope.

"cyrus? Cyrus? CYRUS! Come on, man. Snap out of it." Jonah was sitting next to me, shaking my entire body.

"What? What's going on?" I asked.

Andi was laughing. "You were trapped in your own thoughts. Again."

"Pay up, Andi." Buffy said. "Cyrus daydreamed in the middle of our conversation."

Andi rolled her eyes and gave Buffy a dollar.

—————

Andi's POV:
"So," Cyrus asked, "What are we talking about?"

Jonah replied. "They were just asking me if I came out to my parents yet."

He still didn't answer the question, and we were desperate to know. "Well, did you?

"Technically, yes. My parents look at my social media, and when I came out to everyone, I was also coming out to them."

"How'd they take it?" I asked.

"Really well. It's nice to know that my parents are so supportive." Jonah looked at Cyrus. "So, Cy. How about you? Did you tell your parents?"

"It wasn't exactly a coming out. More like a finding out. When your parents are mental health experts, they tend to pick up signs that something's up. They knew I was gay, and confronted me about it. Luckily, they still love me."

Buffy nodded. "That's great for both of you."

"Yeah, there is one problem with coming out to my parents." Jonah said. "Every time I bring a friend who is a girl over, they're always like, 'Ooh. Do you like her?' Now, if I bring anyone over, regardless of sex, they'll assume I like them."

"Don't your parents know we're dating?" I asked, confused.

Jonah nodded. "I did. I've told them about you, but they don't fully believe it since they've never met you."

I stood up, and placed my hands on the table. "It's settled then. I'm going to meet your parents."

"You sure?"

"Positive."

"Okay, then. You should know. My parents ask a lot of questions."

"It's a good thing I know how to answer them."

He nodded. "Okay, then. How about Saturday?"

"Saturday is great."