4x03 - Food Fight

Cyrus's POV:
2:00. Hope Jonah wasn't late. He always tells me a time, and is then late by like 15 minutes.

Wow. I'm actually lucky today. Jonah was here. On time. I sat with him. "Hey, Jonahbear."

"Cy-guy. How's it hanging?"

I snickered. "Pretty good. So, you want to order now?"

"Yep."

We ordered our usual baby taters, and Jonah said, mouth full of taters, "duduwanacumavrtumahoustmrrow?"

I laughed at what he said. "Hehe. Could you say that again?"

He chewed for a few seconds and swallowed. "Did you want to come over to my house tomorrow."

I was about to say yes, but I remembered something. "No, I can't. I'm going to the movies with Andi tomorrow."

He looked a little pouty after. "Oh. Ok."

"We can hang out the day after." I said abruptly.

"Yeah... that's fine."

I didn't know what else to say. He knows I'm still hanging out with Andi. Same how Andi knows I'm still hanging out with Jonah.

"Uhhh. So," I said, hoping to change the conversation. "Your birthday is coming up next week. Want anything special?"

"Well, that new shooter game looks fun."

"You don't want aaaaanything else?" I scooted closer to him.

"Nope. Not really."

"Not even me?" I teased.

He smirked. "I already have you."

I laughed. I was about to say something, and then my phone buzzed.

It was a text from Buffy.

———

Cyrus. Get out of the Spoon now.

Why?

Just go! Now!

———

"Hey, Jonah. Let's go to the park and make out. Right now."

Jonah looked confused. "Uhh, this is a first."

"What? Noooo! We always kiss."

"Yeah, in the moment. We don't usually plan out a make out sesh."

"Well, I just feel like kissing right now. Let's leave the Spoon and go to the park."

I grabbed Jonah's arm and tried dragging him out. He wouldn't budge. Curse my stupid noodle arms.

"Cyrus. You okay? You're acting weird."

"Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Noooooooo! I just want your lips on mine. Let's go." I keep pulling. "Smooch. Time. Please."

The door opened, and I turned back. Shoot! Andi's here!!!

Jonah stood up. "So that's why you wanted us to leave."

Andi looked at Buffy. "So that's why you tried to stall at the Fringe."

"It's not like I can't talk to Andi. See?" Jonah walked up to Andi, holding his milkshake. "How's it going, Andiman?"

"I'm doing good, you little---"

Jonah poured his milkshake all over Andi's head. "Oops. Sorry, Andi. I'm so clumsy."

Andi faked a smile. "It's fine, Jonah." She took a ketchup bottle and squirted it all over Jonah. "That's a really good look on you."

I signaled everyone to take cover, and everyone in the cafe either ran out or ducked under the table. "Come on, Buffy. We have to stop this."

I turned to her, and she was recording with her phone. "Dang. Teenagers fighting. I could sell this."

I took the phone from her. "Come on!"

She sighed and rolled her eyes. "Fine!"

I grabbed Jonah, and Buffy grabbed Andi. Good thing Buffy was strong. She was able to pull Andi away. My weak arms just slowed him down.

Instead of pulling me back, I pushed him down, and we both fell in a... questionable position. I blushed.

Jonah was blushing too. "Cyrus. This feels weird. Can you get off of me?"

"Oh, yeah." I got off of Jonah. "Sorry about that."

The four of us looked at the manager, who was furious.

—————

Bex's POV:
"So," I said to Andi and Jonah, "You two started a food fight, and trashed the restaurant."

I turned to Buffy and Cyrus. "And you two..." I stopped after a second of realization. "You two stopped the fight. You're fine."

Hannah, who was also here, said, "Jonah. You're grounded. No video games for two weeks."

Jonah looked down. I leaned towards Hannah. "Hey, so this is kind of my first grounding. What should I do?"

She chuckled. "Keep her from doing something she likes to do. Then just pick a time duration."

"Ok. Andi. No crafting for one week."

Andi looked shocked. "One week! What else will I do?"

"You can spend that time finding out how to make up with Jonah."

"Jonah and Andi both scoffed. "Over my dead body." Jonah said, and both of them walked outside, still giving each other the stink eye.

Hannah sighed. "I'm so sorry about this, Bex. Jonah hasn't been this rude towards anyone."

"I apologize too. I'll be sure to talk to Andi about this. The only person she's been mad at was me."

———

I drove Andi home and took her art supplies away. "Dinner will be ready soon. Just hang out in your room or something."

She grumbled. "Okay."

I started the stove when my phone started ringing. "Hello?"

Mom started talking. "Bex. Could we talk tomorrow?"

"Yeah, sure."

"Thanks." Then she hung up.

Uhh, what did she want to talk
about? Whatever. I'll find out tomorrow.