4x07 - Torn Apart

Cyrus's POV:
I decided to take some me time. Buffy went to talk some sense into Jonah, since talking sense into Andi wasn't doing much.

I know. I know. I should be with Buffy, but I just felt like if I talked to Jonah about this, something bad would happen.

I was walking around, trying to find something to do, when I heard Andi's voice call out, "Hey, Cyrus!"

I turned around. "Oh. Hey, Andi."

She pointed to the Spoon. "Wanna get some baby taters?"

I shook my head. "Not today."

And then, I heard the sweet call of a Jonahbear. "Cy-Guy! Hey!"

His smile shut down when he saw Andi. Then he turned to me. "Cyrus, I thought we were hanging out today."

I told him, "No. We'll hang out tomorrow."

He scoffed. "I get it. It's because you're hanging out with Andi. Even though it was our turn today."

"What? No! I'm not hanging out with Andi. In fact, I just told her I wasn't hanging out with her today."

Jonah grabbed my arm. "Come on, then. I don't want you hanging out with her. She's way too selfish."

Andi grabbed my other arm. "No way. If you hang out with Jonah too much, you're going to become just as self centered as he is."

"Come with me." Pull.

"No, come with me!" Pull.

"What the heck is happening here?!" I shouted. Both of them let go. "To me, this kind of seems like you're fighting over me. And it also seems like you're making me choose between you two!"

They didn't get the point. "Who are you choosing?" Andi asked.

"Hmm, let's see. My best friend, or my boyfriend? I think I'll choose... Oh wait, of course. I'M NOT CHOOSING BETWEEN YOU TWO!"

"What?" Jonah said.

"You're both being absolute jerks to each other, and I'm now, I'm trapped in the middle of this. If you guys can't make up soon, I'm not hanging out with either of you." I walked away, completely pissed.

I took out my phone, scrolled through my contacts, and called the only other person not involved with this. "Hey, Iris. Want to hang out?"

—————

Iris's POV:
Cyrus called me to hang out. I got ready and headed out. We haven't really talked after the whole, Andi and Jonah incident.

I saw him by the lake. "Hey, Cyrus." I called out.

He turned back. "Oh, hey Iris." He seemed a little distracted by something.

"You seem off. Is everything alright?"

"Not really. Jonah and Andi tried making me choose between them earlier. I'm... scared. What if they never get along again?"

"Cyrus, you're smart. You'll find some way to fix this. I believe in you."

———

We ate for a while at the Spoon. Then I walked Cyrus home. "You really didn't have to do that, Iris. I would've been fine walking by myself."

I smiled. "You shouldn't have to be alone. No matter what. And, if you need someone to talk to or hang out with, I'm always here."

I kissed him on the lips, which I immediately regretted, since I remembered he was gay. "Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to, I just..."

But he was just laughing. "Iris. Haha. It's okay. I'm not mad. Besides, it's not like I felt anything. To me, a kiss from a girl is like a hug."

We both laughed, and I waved goodbye, walking away. Oh my gosh, I can't believe I just did that. Haha.

—————

Cyrus's POV:
I walked inside, and I said, "Mom! I'm home!"

She yelled back, "Cy, could you come in here for a second?"

I walked into the kitchen, and saw my mom leaning on the counter, drinking a smoothie. She didn't look too happy. "Your stepdad and I got a promotion."

I hugged her. "That's great, mom!"

"Yeah. My boss said that we really helped out the patients. She said we deserved a raise, and... a relocation."

I stopped hugging her. "Mom, what do you mean?"

A tear fell down her face. "Cyrus, sweetie. We're moving."