5x09 - Sushi Bar

Bex's POV:
I knocked on the bathroom door. "Andiman, you still changing?"

"Almost done!" I heard her shout back. "There we go."

She walked out of the bathroom, wearing a light blue dress. "What do you think?" she asked.

I gave her two thumbs up. "You look amazing."

"Are you sure? I feel like the dress will clash with my red shoes."

"Nah. It's better than those yellow shoes you had last year. Those kids kept thinking you spilled lemonade on your shoes and stained it."

"Yeah... that's what they thought I spilled..."

"Well, Jonah and Buffy are ready to go. We can leave whenever you're ready."

"Yeah. I'm ready. Let me just grab my phone and we can head over."

—————

Andi's POV:
We arrived at what seemed to be a sushi place. Cyrus met us there. "Hey, guys. Ready for this, Andi?" I nodded, and held the door open for everyone, when a nice woman greeted us. "Hi! Are you here for the award ceremony?"

"Yeah." I said. "I'm Andi Mack. And these are my friends and family."

"Nice to finally meet you, Andi. I'm Miranda." She gestured us towards a table. "You guys can sit down over there."

A few minutes later, Harley and her family walked in. Wow. She wasn't joking. Six other siblings. Must be chaotic in her house. I waved at them and they sat down at a table next to ours. "Oh. Guys." Harley said to her family. "These are my new friends I was telling you about."

Her mom shook my hand. "Nice to meet you. I'm Suzy."

"My name's Andi." I replied. "These are my friends and family."

She waved to the rest of the group. "I'm really glad that Harley made some new friends over here. It's a shame we can't hang out after we go back home. Harley tells me you guys live all the way in Utah."

"Yeah." Bex said. "But we still have time after this. We can all hang out then."

Miranda walked up on stage. "Okay, so I know a sushi place isn't exactly an ideal place for an award ceremony, but we couldn't afford to rent out anywhere else. So, I'm Miranda. I was that girl that greeted you guys outside. So, my friend and co-founder of this group is running a little late, but she told us to start giving out the awards now."

She took out a small silver painted trophy. "So, we're going to start off with the artistic girls first. These girls used creativity and reusable items to produce their incredible crafts. If I could have AJ, Madi, Andi, and Jeileen come up here."

Everyone started clapping, as the four of us were given trophies. I looked down at everyone in front of me. Groups of families and friends staring at us, clapping for us. It felt like such an honor to be recognized like this.

I sat back down and got drowned in hugs from everyone. "Guys. Stop." I said jokingly.

"What's wrong?" Buffy asked. "Are we embarrassing you?"

"A little."

"Then we've done our job."

Miranda spoke again. "Now, we would like to call up our young inventors. The ones that recycle items and use them for gadgets and inventions. So, can Serenity, Harley, Hope, and Kristen come up please?"

Harley walked up with a few others and received her trophy. After a few minutes of pictures and cheering, they walked off the stage. I high fived Harley, and we kept watching the ceremony.

The door swung open, and a blonde woman was rushing to the stage. She grabbed the microphone and said, "I am so sorry I'm late. Traffic was terrible."

Miranda walked up next to the woman. "Well, at least you're here now, Lizzie. If you want, you can say a few words."

"I'd love to." She turned to us. "So, my name is Lizzie McGuire. Me and my bestie Miranda founded this organization, as a way to recognize young women for their creations."

Miranda took the microphone. "And we just wanted to be able to recognize some of you talented girls with a small reward."

"That's all for now. Enjoy the rest of the evening. Sushi is on us, so have as much as you desire."

----------

Cyrus's POV:
I headed to the sushi table and a familiar voice called my name. "Hey, Cyrus!" I turned around and saw Tyson!

"Oh my gosh? What are you doing here? I thought your flight left already."

"Yeah, about that. My parents misread the flight date. We're leaving tomorrow instead."

"That's so great! So, what are you doing here?"

"My sister is actually one of the awardees here. That's kind of why we were here in the first place."

"I'm glad you're here. It's only been a day, and we have so much to talk about."

—————

Jonah's POV:
I was busy eating my sushi when Andi tapped on my shoulder and asked, "Hey. Who's that guy Cyrus is talking to?"

I looked at the sushi bar. Cyrus was talking to another boy. "I'm sure he's just a friend."

"They must be really close. Look at how he's making Cyrus laugh. And Cyrus is making him laugh back."

I started to frown. "Yeah. I can see that. Heh. Look at them, having fun."

"Are you okay?" Andi asked.

I quickly said, "Of course I am." I made a quick smile. "I'm Jonah Beck."

Andi laughed. "If you say so. I'll be at the sushi bar if you need me."

She left the table, and I started frowning again. Cyrus looked so happy. Am I overreacting? Maybe I'm overreacting. It's not like I'm going to see this guy again.

I brushed it off and kept eating my food.