3x05 - Guilt

Buffy's POV:
I rushed to the emergency room after Cyrus called me about what happened.

I went up to the desk, and the woman asked, "Hi. Who are you here to see?"

"Andi Mack and Jonah Beck." I said quickly.

She typed something onto the computer and said, "Oh my. You're friends with them?"

I nodded. She stood up. "Let's go. I'll take you there myself."

We walked for a few minutes and the woman opened the door to the room. I couldn't believe what I saw. Andi and Jonah, unconscious in the beds. Bandaged everywhere.

Bex, Cyrus, and Iris sitting there. Tears falling from Bex and Cyrus. Iris was just staring at them, completely emotionless.

I covered my mouth. "Oh, my gosh! What happened to them?!"

Bex started sobbing. "Some of Amber's friends beat them up as revenge for breaking her heart."

I lost my temper. "WHAT?! I bet Amber sent them. The next time I see her, she's going to be a dead woman!"

We heard footsteps running through the halls. Amber ran into the room, looking mortified. "You!"

I ran towards her, but was held back by Bex, Cyrus, and Iris. Kind of surprised me that it took all three of them to stop me.

Bex asked rudely, "To what do owe the pleasure of seeing the devil herself?"

Amber didn't care. "Call me what you want. I know I deserve it. But you have to trust me. I didn't tell Kip and the others to attack Jonah and Andi."

Cyrus said, "And why should we believe that?"

She scoffed. "Why would I have come here to see if they were okay? I know what I've done, but I would want this to happen. To either of them!"

I leaned towards the three. "What do we do?"

Iris whispered. "I don't know. This is the first time she's felt remorse."

Bex walked towards Amber. "What made you feel bad all of a sudden?"

She looked down. "When I heard about what happened, I just knew that I completely overreacted about all of this. I was complaining about everything to Kip, and he just left without saying anything. An hour later, he tells me that 'Andi and Jonah won't be ruining my life anymore'. I don't know how I just knew, but I ran to the hospital."

I hugged Amber. "You actually did it, Amber. You finally felt bad for something."

She was crying. "Thanks. Nice to know I have a heart."

We all chuckled. I turned to Bex. "What did the doctors say about their condition?"

"They said they'll live. But we don't know how bad the injuries are. For all we know, they could be in a coma for days, or unable to walk."

Iris looked her two friends. "Let's just hope for the best."

—————

Bex's POV:
We were in there for about 15 minutes, in dead silence. Ooh. Maybe dead silence isn't the best term in a hospital. Mom came in, signaling me to talk to her.

"Be right back." I said to the three teens. I walked out of the room, and mom was terrified.

"What happened to them?" she asked.

I was starting to cry again. "Andi and Jonah got beat up by a group of high schoolers when they were hanging out."

She gasped. "They're going to be okay, right?"

"They'll be fine. I just can't stop the guilt."

She put her hand on my shoulder. "Why are you guilty? You weren't the one who beat up those two."

I sat down. "But I let Andi go out. It was late. I was hesitant. I could've told her 'no'. Then she'd tell Jonah she couldn't go, and then Jonah probably would have no reason to go out, and both would still be alright."

"How late was it?"

"5."

Mom hugged me. "Bex. I could've done the exact same thing. But, I'm curious. If you were hesitant to let her go, why'd you still say 'yes'?"

I looked back at the two. "Andi was still jealous of Cyrus and Jonah. I had hoped that if those two were alone for once, she'd feel a little better about it."

She nodded her head. "I see."

Cyrus ran out of the room. "Bex! Cece! I think Andi's waking up!"

We went back inside. Andi was sitting up, rubbing her forehead. I sat next to her. "Andi? Are you alright?"

"Huh?" she asked. I raised my voice. "You were attacked by a bunch of high schoolers. You were hurt pretty badly. How do you feel?"

Andi said, "I feel fine." She looked at all of us in confusion. "But, who are you guys?"