8x08 - Luck

The beeping grew rapid, and Cyrus's body began to violently shake. Jonah continues to hold on to the hope that Cyrus would live, even though it seemed impossible.

Andi ran into the room and saw Cyrus, then Jonah. "What happened?"

"I don't know. I went to visit him, and he just started to go critical."

She sat next to Jonah and comforted him. "These doctors will make sure he lives."

"What if he doesn't?" Jonah asks. "What if he dies? Just like Marty, and Tyson."

Andi hugged him. "He won't. Cyrus is strong. He'll get through this."

Jonah started to sob. "Andi, I'm scared. I'm scared of a life without him."

"Jonah. You and Cyrus are inseparable. You're Jyrus. Hold on to that hope. I know you are, so just keep it with you."

Their conversation was interrupted by a long beep. Cyrus's heartbeat flatlined, leaving just a white noise to resonate throughout the room.

—————

Cyrus's POV:
Well... this is pretty boring. If I'm going to die, can it happen now? The dark clouds continued to circle around me. No? Okay, then.

I was about to close my eyes, but then I noticed a few lights surging through the clouds. It almost felt like electricity, and it was coming through the window.

Somehow, I knew what it was. "Defibrillators." I forced my way through the wind and darkness, and found the window once again.

"I still have a chance." I pounded on the window as hard as I could, hoping something would happen.

Crack.

I kept going. "Come on. Come on."

Crack.

"Please! I WANT TO LIVE!"

The window shattered, and everything turned white after that.

—————

"*GASP!*" My eyes opened, and I looked around. I was in the hospital room. A smile grew on me. "I'm alive."

Jonah and Andi stood up and ran towards me, only to be stopped by the doctors. "Slow down, you two. We don't want to put him into another coma."

The doctors left the room, and my two friends sat next to me. "I'm so happy you're alive, Cyrus."

He grabbed my hand, and I grabbed back. "Me too. Where's Buffy?"

Andi and Jonah looked at each other in sorrow. "She's at her house. I'm sure she'll be happy to see you, considering that... Marty's dead."

My eyes widened. "What? What happened?"

"His sister was a target for Anti-LGBT terrorists. He saved her, but was killed."

"I can't believe it... he and Buffy were so close."

"Yeah. But now you're here! We can all be happy about something."

"Yeah. I guess."

—————

Buffy's POV:
I was given the most relieving phone call ever. Cyrus was alive! It was definitely enough to get me out of my house. After Marty's death, I was trapped in pure depression.

I rushed to the hospital, and saw that Cyrus was cleared and able to leave. His parents were signing him out, and I ran over and gave him a big hug. "I'm so glad you're alive."

"Yeah," he said a bit exhaustedly, "I am too. I heard about what happened, and I'm really sorry about Marty."

"It's sad to lose someone you love. But you're here now. This is something to celebrate for."

I looked at Andi. "Got any games we could play?"

"How 'bout Dungeons, Dungeons, and More Dungeons?"

—————

Bowie's POV:
I came in with the flowers. "Bex! I'm home!"

No answer. I walked towards the hallway. "Bex? You there?"

I heard her say from the other side of the door, "Don't come in!"

"Why? Come on, Bex? Can't I see my beautiful fiancée?" I walked in and saw her in her wedding dress.

Celia grabbed a blanket, and covered her quickly. "Bowie! It's bad luck to see the bride in her dress before wedding day!"

"Sorry! I'm leaving. Call me when she's done."

"Thank you."

I stepped out and sighed. I know I'm the superstitious type, but that's the one thing I don't believe in. Bad luck, yeah right.

—————

3rd Person POV:
A woman walked into the Anti-LGBT base, dressed as a nurse. The boss spoke. "Nancy. I assume you have some news for me?"

"Yes I do. Boss. I'm here to report that your son is out of his coma."

The man turned around to reveal a tag saying Goodman. "Good. I'm going to enjoy ripping out his happiness."

"With all due respect, sir. He's still your son. Doesn't this seem a bit too much?"

"No. He's my son. Which is exactly why I need to give him what he deserves."