6x08 - One Time

Tyson's POV:
Morning already. I sat next to Taylor at the table and groan. "What's wrong now?" she asks.

"I told Cyrus."

"That's great!"

I continue speaking. "But, he didn't take the news too well. He ran away soon after."

She put her arm around me. "I don't believe it. HE TOTALLY LIKES YOU!"

I was completely lost. "He ran away when I told him. How is that a good sign?"

"He ran away because he was embarrassed to face the fact that he likes you. He probably ran to his bed and started contemplating his life or something."

"That's not what happened." I said. "Cyrus probably wouldn't do that."

—————

Cyrus's POV:
So, I just spent the past few hours contemplating my life. I can't believe I'm getting a crush on Tyson. What am I going to tell Jonah? I have feelings for both now. There's no denying that. But, I'm torn on who to choose.

Maybe I should tell Jonah all of this. He'll be hurt, but maybe he can help me solve this. For now, I should probably just sleep. I still have school and everything.

———

Alright. Here I am. Now, I gotta find Jonah and tell him everything. At the same time, though, what am I supposed to tell him? Maybe I shouldn't? No. He's going to find out sooner or later. Might as well be sooner.

I walked through the halls, and heard a distinct crash. That's when I noticed him. Tyson was thrown into the lockers, by Kip. "I remember telling Cyrus and Jonah this." Kip said before walking away. "Over here, faggots get what they deserve."

I dashed towards Tyson, and softly shook him. No response. He was out cold. A teacher came up to me and asked, "Who did this?"

"Kip. I don't know his last name, but it was someone named Kip."

"I'll ask you to go to the office later today for more questioning. For now, stay with this young man until the nurses get here."

"Of course." I turned back to Tyson. "Don't worry, Tyson. Everything's going to be fine."

———

I sat next to Tyson as he lay in the bed. The nurse said he suffered minor injuries, but he's still comatose for a while.

She told me to go to class, but I insisted to stay. It was alright. I'm a smart person. I can catch up in my classes.

Finally, Tyson opened his eyes. "Hey, Tyson." I said quietly.

"Hey, Cy. What happened?"

"You got knocked out by a homophobic bully. It's alright. They're investigating the situation right now. You won't get hurt anymore."

"That's reassuring." We just kind of stared at each other for a few seconds. He sat up. "I'm sorry."

"For what?" I asked.

"For telling you the truth. I didn't think it would make you react like that. But, I didn't want to hide it anymore."

"It's not your fault. What you said just kind of surprised me, and I didn't know how to react. After all these years, and I still run away from my problems."

We sat in even more awkward silence, and it just happened. I leaned in and kissed him, on the lips. It was no Jonah kiss, but something was definitely there. A small spark, or something.

—————

Jonah's POV:
I walked through the empty halls. I had to use the bathroom, like every human being does. On my way, I passed the nurse's room, and I saw them. Cyrus and Tyson kissing.

I quickly ran into the bathroom and splashed water on my face. I wasn't crying, but I was definitely on the verge of tears.

I just leaned myself against the wall, and slowly sat down. The one time I was right about something. The one time.