A Celebration to Remember

It's been days since Greyson's banishment. At every free moment when I'm not being watched by Damien or Alpha Serg, I've been out looking for Greyson in the woods. Not only have I not been able to find him, I haven't been able to catch a scent of him. My wolf's been in a deep depression ever since he's been gone. Honestly, I can't blame her, I'm not feeling too happy myself.

Thankfully, when Damien heard Greyson was banished, he was satisfied with just that; I guess he didn't know Greyson's death was on the table, or else he would have been pissed that that didn't happen.

Today, there's a different atmosphere around the pack than I've never felt before. It's almost bright and happy. Everyone is spending the day preparing for my baby announcement party. Everyone's supposed to be looking nice and will be required to participate in the festivities in the large party hall. Currently, I'm spending my time with Rina in her room. I was supposed to be getting my hair done by Marissa again, but I'm trying to avoid her. Every time I'm alone with her, a weird atmosphere collects between the two of us. It's uncomfortable and I'm still not sure why she's so angry with me.

"So you can wear this yellow dress or this sparkly purple one." Rina says as she exits her closet, holding up my options. The yellow one is a cute tube top, with a short skirted bottom. It's plan with a single black belt loosely tied at the waste. The purple one has rhinestones all over it. It also has a black belt but this dress is more of a gown, it tally's to the floor.

"The yellow one is short, let's go with that one. It will be easier to move around in." I tell her.

She giggles, "Even when you're supposed to dress up nicely you're worried about your comfort."

"Of course! I'm going to have to be dressed in it all day, I might as well have something comfortable." I hop off the bed and wander over to Rina. I grab the yellow dress from her and strip off my other clothes. I toss it over my head and wiggle into it. She helps zip me up.

"Perfect," she announces. "Now sit, I'm doing your hair and makeup."

"Please keep it simple." I complain.

She giggles, "No promises."

At the sound of her giggle, I notice something. It is a different pitch than her normal laugh, almost like it was forced. I don't know why, but I supposed I've been feeling a weird aura from her all day too.

"Are you okay?" I ask her.

"I'm fine," she says, "close your eyes, I need to do your eyeshadow."

I close my eyes, listening to her instruction. In the next moment I feel the light bristles of the small brush flutter over my eyelid. It almost tickles. "Rina, I think you're lying to me."

"About what?"

"About being 'fine'" I tell her. "I'm pretty good at reading people and you've been acting strange all day."

"I... I'm not acting strange," she lies through her teeth.

I sigh, "You know, if you and Leo are fighting or something you can talk to me about it."

"We're not fighting!" She quickly blurts out, a bit too quickly.

"Okay... that was weird." I admit to her honestly.

She sighs, "We're not fighting... but it is about him."

"What is it?" She moves onto the other eye.

"I was told not to tell you..."

"Me specifically?"

"Well," she says, "everyone, but especially not you."

Rogue SquadOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara