Dinner with the Family?

"So tell me again why I have to go to this stupid dinner?" I ask annoyed as I scan through my clothes looking for something nice and girlish to wear.

Mom sits on the bed tapping her finger against my comforter.

"Trinity was nice enough to invite us to one of their family dinner's. You should be thankful for this opportunity to see your father. I'm sure he misses you."

I roll my eyes, "Bull shit he misses me."

"Lucia! What did I tell you about disrespecting your father's feelings?" She shuns.

I growl but comply to her wishes, "Fine. Sorry." She really doesn't need me adding stress to her life. She has enough already.

I see a black shirt and grab it from my closet. I turn to my mom and hold it up to my chest to give her the effect of what it will look like.

"What do you think?"

Her face tells it all, she scrunches her nose up and shakes her head. I grunt and hang the shirt back where I found it. Who would have thought that finding a nice shirt would be so difficult?

"Here let me take a look," she says as she approaches my closet. As she is scanning through my things, I see nothing but disapproval on her face. I don't think I have ever felt this judged by my mother before, it kind of hurts a bit. "How did I let you get any of these things? They are all dark colors and baggy! Is this how you always dress?"

I sigh and walk back to sit on my bed, "Yes mom. This is how I always dress. You see me daily."

"I know but I didn't know it was this bad," she announces as she gets to my last shirt and sighs. "Well, there is nothing we can do now. Come with me. I still have some clothes from when I was younger. We can see what I can scrounge up."

Raising an eyebrow in her direction, I give her a disgusted look, "You're clothes? You understand that our styles are nothing alike and I would never wear something that looked like a unicorn threw up on it."

She rolls her eyes and grabs my wrists, dragging me from the room. "My clothes do not look like a unicorn threw up on them. Believe it or not, I wore very respectable and classy items when I was your age. And trust me, anything is better than what you have in that closet. We need to toss those raggedy things out as soon as possible."

"Mom!" I shout, "those are my clothes, we aren't throwing them out because they aren't girly!"

We get into her room, "How else do you intend to attract that boy to be your mate?" She questions loudly,completely out of the blue, and suddenly my face heats up.

"That has nothing to do with this!"

"Oh it has everything to do with this. Now sit," she instructs as she motions me toward her bed.

I follow her orders and plop myself down. I can't believe how pushy she is being! She even brought up Greyson... that's a low blow.

She starts to take out boxes from under her bed. One by one, the room slowly clutters with her old clothes. As she pulls out the pieces one by one, I notice that she doesn't just have "some" clothes from when she was younger, she practically has all of them.

"You seriously kept all of your clothes from when you were my age?" I ask stunned.

"Not all of them!" She adds offended by my comment, "just a few. Believe it or not, I still fit in most of these things."

Its true, my mom is a MILF. Yes, she is the type of mom who has a toned body and looks like she could be my sister. I guess it never hit me in how similar our body types are until now. I just assumed because she was older, we wouldn't fit in the same thing.