Got Back in the Nick of Time

I toss a loose grey t-shirt on over my head. Reaching back into the tree, I grab a pair of red men's shorts. My hands sting as I pull them up my legs. I hiss a strained breath in, trying to hold in my scream. It's a good thing our pack leaves spare clothes all along the tree line or else this would have been awkward for both Leo and myself.

After about five hours of running through the woods with the two guys slouched on my back, I found a familiar street. It only took me about ten minutes to get them back here, at the pack house, after that.

I step out from behind the tree. My eyes fall upon Leo who is currently leaning against the shed in order to support his body. Luis is still passed out at Leo's feet. I jog over to them urgently. Ignoring the unconscious hunter, I turn to my disheveled friend who looks like he is going to croak any second.

"We need to get you looked at. Now." I demand.

He shakily glances at me. His face is pale and completely drained of energy. He slowly nods in understanding. I hop to his side and slide under his right arm. He slumps on me a bit and I use most the energy I have left to support him. He tries to steady himself by putting pressure on my right shoulder with his right arm. I suck in a sharp breath, trying to not think about the stinging pain that rushes through my arm at his touch.

Damn, looks like that wound still isn't healed yet. I mean my palms are still blistered, but that is nothing compared to my shoulder's pain. It was definitely a silver bullet, luckily it wasn't filled with Wolf's Bane or else I wouldn't have made it back in wolf form. It would have inhibited me to shift.

I bite my lip as to avoid screaming. I help him hobble all the way back to the pack house. Every step must feel like a mile to him. He couldn't possible get any weaker than this. There is dried and wet blood running all down his head. He's pale and stumbling every second. When we make it in, there are pack members scattered all around.

Everyone is talking so loud and creating a huge ruckus. It appears to be just like any other day in this pack. As I lead him through the doorway, no one turns our way. We get a few glances but no one seems to really care. That's how it usually is here, every man for himself.

It's fine. We don't need their help anyway. I know just where to go.

He slowly but surely follows my lead, down the stairs and straight to our destination.

I knock on the door and wait patiently. Glancing over at Leo, I see him fading in and out of consciousness. I tap my foot angrily and listen through the door. When I do, I hear sobbing coming from the other side. What the hell is she crying about?

Instead of waiting for her to answer, I kick the door open hard. It flings, slamming into the wall creating a huge bang. To my surprise, I not only see my Mom, but also Rina, crying on my couch. The scene is actually more pathetic than sad, but my heart thumps nervously in my chest. I wonder what happened?

"What is going on here?" I question them nervously and partially out of breath.

They freeze mid cry. Slowly, Mom's head perks up a bit and so does Rina's. They turn to me unsure but at the same time, they seem a bit relieved.

Once they actually see Leo and myself, their face turns to that of horror. Do we really look that bad?

"Lucia." Mom whispers surprised.

"Leo!" Rina cries sadly as she springs from the couch and runs to his side, "Oh my god. What happened?"

He tries to laugh but ends up coughing painfully instead. A small trickle of blood falls down the side of his mouth. "We... got caught..."