Who Disturbed the Peace?

My paws pound against the wet ground. I push my muscles to the limit as I dash through the woods. My nails digging into the dirt to propel myself faster and faster. The rain coming down in pellets, spiking me in the face.

Another yelp echoes through the woods. My legs pump harder listening to the cries.

I'm close.

I feel bad for leaving Greyson in the water without a word, but he will understand later. Right now, I need to find out why Raymond is calling for help.

I head in the direction of his cries. I can sense myself getting closer. I let out a loud howl to him. Signaling I'm on my way.

A few moments later, he returns a thankful howl. He sounds real close now. I pound my legs faster. The trees start to spread out a bit the further I go. Looks like he wondered off of the normal trail. You know, now that I think about it, I have heard a lot of howls and yelps the past few nights. Is Raymond just fooling with me?

I jump through the final bush. My feet skid through the wet-muddy dirt as I try to break from my fast speed. As I come to a complete stop, I look up and see a blonde wolf hanging high up in a tree. The rain clouds my vision a bit but it is starting to lighten up. Raymond is tangled up in a tight silver net. He has barely enough room to move.

Shit, how did he get up there?

He notices me and I see his ears perk up. He lets out a happy yelp and struggles to move, causing the silver net he is trapped in to swing side to side. He whimpers in pain and I yelp back worried.

Shit, time to get him out of that mess.

I follow up the silver netting with my eyes. I notice that the silver turns to normal rope toward the top of the trap. The rope reaches all the way down to the ground. It's tied against another tree. I hurry over to the rope. I sniff it thoroughly.

I get a whiff of someone's scent, but no one familiar. There are also no traces of anything dangerous on the rope. I quickly get to gnawing on it. My teeth slowly begin to slice through the rope. With every snap of the rope I break through, the lower Raymond gets to the ground.

The taste of rope sticks to my tongue. It's course and dry. I try to ignore it as I chew through. Finally, after what seems like forever, it snaps. The noise cracks through the air loudly.

As it does, Raymond hurdles to the ground full force. A huge thud echoes as he hits the floor. I flinch just watching it. Oops.

He whimpers a bit.

I tread over to him. I reach down with my snout and grab the silver netting between my teeth. A burning heat flashes up through my lips.

Oh no. It has to be a hunter's trap. This part of the rope is infused with silver and wolf's bain.

I ignore the heat and pull the netting off of him. He whimpers and looks up at me. I can tell all his energy is drained out of him. I nudge him with my snout, urging him to stand.

He whimpers and struggles to get up. I hop to his side and help push up against him to help sturdy him. Together, we manage to get him to his feet. Suddenly, he growls angrily.

I follow his eyes to the other end of the forest. My eyes widen a bit.

A woman stands there, gun in hand. Her dark blue eyes stare directly into my own.

"Looks like this rogue has a friend. That's surprising. Dating perhaps? Mates maybe?" She asks, an evil glint in her eyes.

Her dark brown hair pulled back into a tight bun. Her face is angry and serious. You can tell this woman really hates werewolves. Judging by what she knows about us, she must be a hunter. Probably the one that set the trap.