Pleasant Surprise

I yawn and turn to the side, cuddling closer into my fluffy pillow. The soft fabric cradles my face comfortingly. I snuggle deeper into it. A familiar masculine scent flows up to my nose as I bury my head and my wolf purrs. It smells so good. I could die happy with this surrounding me.

Wait.

Pillows? When did I fall asleep?

My eyes shoot open.

I slowly push myself up. A small pain shoots through my right arm.

The dark room is lightly lit up from a T.V. and I can hear the light muffling of voices from something that's playing on the screen in front of the bed I'm sitting in. Hold on. I know this room. I've been in here before.

I crawl to the foot of the bed and glance down to confirm my suspicions. A smile creeps onto my face. Yup, I was right.

"She finally wakes up." Greyson states, sitting on the ground, still watching the screen.

"Finally?" I ask, "how long was I out?"

"A couple of hours."

"Hours!" I hop off the bed, "Shit, the mission!"

"Relax, I handled it." He adds plainly, and completely calm.

I give him a strange look, "You handled it?"

"Yup," he finally turns to me, "After you passed out over my shoulder, I brought you here, wrapped your arm, then went back to Derek's room. We got the whole thing planned. You don't need to worry about it."

I glance down and for the first time. I notice that my jean jacket is off and my arm has a gauze wrapped around it. So Greyson did this? I'm really not used to people caring for me like this. It makes me feel... vulnerable.

"You didn't have to do all this, you know." I tell him.

He laughs, "The least you could do is say thank you."

My cheeks heat up immediately. Oh shit, he is right. I can't believe I was so rude!

"Sorry," I sigh and sit down next to him, looking him in the eye, "thank you."

He smirks, reaching his hand out and ruffles my hair, "That's the reaction I was looking for."

I swat his hand away, "Geez you're messing up my hair!"

"You had a slight case of bed head anyway." He says with a shrug.

I pout as he continues to pat me. He watches my expression carefully, and a smile creeps onto his face.

"What kind of look is that?" He starts to chuckle.

"It's my puppy dog face because you won't listen to me!" I retort sadly.

His hand slips from my head, "It's adorable."

My eyes flick up to his. To my surprise, he isn't lying. There is sincerity written all over his face. So he thinks my expressions can be adorable? I don't know if I have ever heard someone say something that nice to me since I was a little kid.

My blush grows so I turn toward the TV.

"Whatcha watching?" I ask, changing the subject since I'm a tad embarassed.

"Some weird show about aliens. It's on the SiFi network. I couldn't find anything else to watch."

"Aliens are creepy." I state.

"They are also very fake. It's ridiculous that people think they can exist."

"What? Aliens so exist!"