Preparation

"Lucia, time to get up."

A groan grumbles in the back of my throat. I roll my body to the side, nuzzling deeper into the silk sheets of the bed.

My sleepy haze starts to clear as I begin waking up.

A moment later, a hand lands lightly on my left shoulder. Very slowly it skims upward and brushes over my mark. An oddly pleasurable sensation washes through my body, stirring my wolf. She grumbles in satisfaction. I start to moan, but the sensation isn't as pleasant as my wolf feels it should be, so instead I frown.

My brown eyes shoot open. I'm quick to react as I firmly grab hold of the hand on my neck. I propel it across my body and sent the person flying over me and on top of the comforter next to me. Then I jump up and away from the bed as fast as possible.

I glare at Damien who is now glaring back at me from on top of the comforter. He's topless and only wearing a pair of gym shorts. His black hair is ruffled messily on his head.

"That was uncalled for." He tells me.

I frown. "Don't you ever touch me again Damien."

He frowns, "still keeping up this act? Lucia it's been two months. I think it's time you get over whatever little charade you're trying to play."

"Charade? Damien, let me make this clear. I don't like you. Got it? Nor will I ever let you touch me. And if you want to play the good son and don't want to disappoint your father, then you would be wise to never touch me again. Understood?"

He glares at me as he sits up from the bed, "I don't do well with taking orders."

"Well you sure as hell don't do well with giving them either. I guess that renders you useless, doesn't it?"

He growls, "My patients are slim Lucia. Hold your tongue."

I glare into his soul. "Make. Me."

His eyes grow even darker black than they normally are. He stands from the bed. Slowly he struts over to me, puffing out his chest to make himself look bigger than he is. Unfortunately for him, the only one he is intimidating is my wolf. I'm not scared.

He gets right up next to me. A growl rumbles in his chest as he glares down at me with those pitch black eyes. "One of these days I'm going to have you bowing to me like a submissive little dog."

"You're dreaming asshole."

He growls furiously. His hand reaches down and swipes my wrist firmly in his grasp. He yanks me toward the door. I stumble forward and he angrily tugs me along.

"What are you doing?" I growl.

"We're late. You slept in. We have a mission."

Oh right. The mission.

"Well I can walk myself there, thank you very much." I yell at him as I tug my hand out of his grip.  "I need to change."

He turns his head to me and glares. "Stop defying me."

"No."

He grunts, knowing he literally can't make me. "You don't need to change, we are doing this mission purely in wolf form. You won't be wearing your cloths anyway."

I roll my eyes.  Then I look down at myself. I'm wearing long sweatpants and a slightly loose t-shirt over my sports bra. Ever since I started sleeping in Damien's room, I've bundled up when it comes to sleepwear. I suppose what I'm wearing is decent for the occasion.

"Alright. Fine, let's go." I walk past him.

I wring my hands together nervously as we wander through the halls. The only thing I've been able to think about since last night is Leo telling me that Greyson loves me. Well, at least he believes Greyson loves me. Even after two months have passed. Could it be true? And why am I thinking about it so much? Why do I still have hope for us when I'm already spoken for?