36

Yoongi did not ever once in his life picture himself having to face the situation he was in now. He did not expect to ever have to speed on heavily trafficked streets, slipping from lane to lane between poor, confused drivers. He did not expect to ever have to slam his brakes so hard in front of an apartment complex that he could undeniably smell the wretched stench of burnt rubber- his tires were, with no doubt, severely damaged. Most of all, however, he did not ever expect to be dragging his nearly blacked out, drunk ex boyfriend off of an abusive pervert, getting punched square in the jaw in the process.

"Jin!" Taehyung cried out to the eldest, "Namjoon is here!" And in that exact instant, Yoongi was flung harshly to the ground, Wonho next to him. The battered boy watched in disbelief as Namjoon pounced on the older man, hitting him repeatedly until blood began to splatter with every nerve pinching blow. Yoongi wished it could be him doing that to Wonho instead.

He was snapped out of his pitiful trance when he heard the voice he had grown so fond of over the months. "What are you doing?!" Jimin screamed. It was a loud, raw scream, desperate to attain something, anything. Yoongi looked up at Jimin; the once plump, rosy cheeks were stained with mascara streaks, tears rapidly dripping from his nose and chin, the once sweet, puffy lips were cracked and bleeding from screaming so hard. His body struggled to twist out of Hoseok and Jin's grasps to go and attempt saving Wonho. He was scared. He was confused.

Yoongi sat up from where he was laying when he got the wind knocked out of him, still slightly out of breath. "What do you mean, what are we doing?!" He screamed back, just as loud, "We're helping you! We're saving you!"

"You are not!" Jimin's shrieks turned to sobs, then wails. "You're just- just taking away," he hiccuped, volume raising with every word, "the only person wh- who loves me!"

"He doesn't love you!" The room fell silent. Everything began to melt around Yoongi, as if time had slowed down. The look on Jimin's face was something unforgettable; something he'd never forgive himself for being the cause of.

The boy's body went limp. His eyes turned dull. His whole face drained of color. And in five short, whispered words, he answered: "I know... No one does."

"Please," Wonho chokes out, blood spluttering from between his gritted teeth, "just go. Leave, and I'll never come near any of you again. I- I won't call the authorities. Please-" one final sharp slap was brought upon his bruised cheek, "-just go. I'm sorry."

Time sped up again. Suddenly, Jimin was unconscious, the boys struggling to carry him down the eight flights of stairs, Jungkook was calling to ask what was going on due to some paparazzi reports he'd seen online, and Yoongi was sobbing uncontrollably.

"I'll drive," Jin patted his back, "you hold Jiminnie."

"They're not dat-" Hoseok started but was cut off with a sharp jab to his ribs. "Here," he gently placed the limp boy in Yoongi's lap and they drove home (slowly this time).

Just the scent of drugged champagne mixed with Jimin's cologne was enough to push Yoongi over the edge again. With Taehyung's reassuring hand on his back, he clutched Jimin's hoodie and buried his face in the sleeping boy's neck, wetting the fragile, tanned skin with his salty tears once again.

-BIIITTTCHHHHH I JUST ABOUT CRIED WRITING THIS HOLY SHIT DAWG I AM SO SORRY TO PUT Y'ALL THROUGH THIS A N G S T FORGIVE ME

also updated instagram username: @babyblinchik !!!

i love you all more than you know thank you for putting up with my shitty procrastinated updates :(