"It's almost noon!" He exclaimed.

"Exactly!" I rolled my eyes. He chuckled, shaking his head. A groan from Julian had us quiet down quickly. "How is he?" I whispered, making sure he was still asleep. He sat down on the bed.

"Better, I think. I mean, I don't know how long it takes to get over a heartbreak, but I think he's getting there. I never really liked her." He confessed. I raised my eyebrow at that. He never really explained why. "She was always rude to me," he shrugged. "At one point in their relationship, she would make it a point when he would choose her over me. It's silly but I felt like I was slowly being replaced by her. She was... toxic, especially for Julian. I just want him to be truly be happy, and Emma wasn't the one for that."

"Did she try to contact him again?"

He snorted. "Nope, that just shows how much she actually cared."

Julian shuffled in the bed, making us quick to stop the conversation. "You think you could make me breakfast? No point in sleeping now."

"I can still sit here if you want." I shook my head, getting up.

"I need a shower anyways. I feel sticky from work." He laughed getting up as well.

"Pancakes?" I nodded, thinking back to Dylan's pancakes. Nothing could top those, not even Enzo's.

"What's got you all happy?" He smirked.

"Nothing, absolutely nothing." And that was sadly the truth. There was nothing going on between us, only a friendship.

--

I gave the twins a gigantic hug, watching as they left for their weekend getaway.

"Julian deserves so much more." Mama commented from behind me. "If I could just see her, I would show her what happens when you mess with my children," she clenched her jaw.

"Then why don't you?" Shane encouraged with a grin.

I smacked him on the stomach. "Stop provoking her."

"Shane why don't you help your father with dinner," making it obvious she was just trying to get rid of him.

"Why can't Amelia do it? She's the one who actually wants to be a chef." He complained, not catching the hint. He opened his mouth again but closed it right away. "Fine," he grumbled as she narrowed her eyes at him.

"Smart choice."

"What was that for?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"You and I need to talk." She led me to the other living room, which was strictly off limits, only used for when guests would come over. I gulped, and I could already feel the sweat perched on my forehead.

"About what?" I don't recall doing anything bad this week, or last week for that matter. Oh my God. What if she found out I conned Shane in doing my chores for me? She would definitely go Latina on me.

"Why don't you tell me?" She humoured. I raised my eyebrows, waiting for her to go on. "The boy, Dylan, was it?" I let out the breath I was holding but stilled. She wanted to know about Dylan.

"What about him?" I asked slowly with caution. Never know when a Latina mother would lash out.

"I want to know about him," she smiled. That caught me off guard. I guess I wasn't in trouble after all, at least not yet. "Do you like him?"

I played with my fingers, looking down, not able to meet her eyes. "Si."

"Does he like you?"