#24

The night was chilly and huiliang who sitting inside the worn out and dusty room was trembling.

All the windows were broken and the cold wind brushed her hair as she covered herself in a small, thin blanket.

Was she going to live here forever? She thought while keeping herself from crying.

She wished to cry out loud, relief her sadness and forget everything like when she was a kid and was bullied by her sister.

But she knew that this wouldn't be as easy as when she was a kid and was fighting with her sister.

A heartbreak wasn't that easily healed, especially when she loved him for so many years.

Standing up from her bed, she put down the blanket and decides to take a walk and warm up her body.

This courtyard was completely silent, there were no light except for the little lamp she was holding and the stars.

She walked passed the withered cherry blossom trees and the dry pond until she reached the end of the courtyard.

She walked along the wall when suddenly, a small black figure appeared out of nowhere.

It was only a cat, she sighed in relief. But wondered how it came in. Following the small creature in the darkness of the night, she reached the other side of the courtyard where she discovered a small hole.

Feeling adventurous, she crawled through the wall and ended up in a dim alley.

She walked towards the only source of light she found until she bumped into something and tripped.

She stood up with ease and turned back to look at what she tripped into.

Huiliang jumped back when she saw a   person. Due to the darkness of the night, she could only see that it was a man who was probably injured.

She couldn't let him out there, suffering the chill of the night and decided to bring him back to the courtyard.

Dragging him towards the hole she passed through, she crawled inside first and pulled half of his body in until his other half was stuck outside.

She pulled and pulled in vain until she noticed a shiny object attached to his waist.

She pulled out the heavy metal object to see a sword covered in blood. Shocked, she threw the sword on the ground and trembled with feared.

She looked back at the injured man in fear but she just couldn't let him there between the palace walls and decided to drag him in no matter what.

In the dim light of her room, she found out that it was xiaofei.

He wasn't severely injured but had quite a few bruised everywhere. Since she didn't have any medecinal herbs with her, she could only help him wash his face and arms and bandage them using the old bedsheets.