#6

Returning from the imperial palace, Huiliang slowly walked to her chambers and lied down on her bed.

Her legs were very tired today and adding the two kilometres she had to walk to greet the empress and the empress dowager tired her completely.

As soon as she laid down on the bed, she soon fall asleep and did not think more about the humiliation she had to live today.

Arriving at the empress dowager's palace, all of her mother in laws were present and sitting around the room.

"Greeting to imperial grandmother, imperial mothers." She bowed with shaking legs.

Only to be ridiculed of not learning etiquettes properly by the concubines.

"I guess this is expected from the hui family's daughter... one wild and the other...."

"Can't even keep a man for even one night" another whispered.

Showing the red blood stained napkin to the empress dowager and empress, huiliang went back to the seat confered to her.

Before she needed to pour tea for her in laws.

She tried her best not to fall on her knees and perfectly poured three cups of tea for them.

Luckily, not a drop was spilled but on her way back to her seat, she tripped over a concubine of her age.

She wasn't that pretty compared to huiliang but could be considered a beauty in herself with a small cute frame and long eyelashes.

Her eyes were filled with anger and jealousy towards Huiliang and it was probably because, she was married to an old man and needed to fight for a living while huiliang was married to a young, handsome crown prince who will to be king soon, unless, his forth brother decided to fight for the throne...