#17

In the cold chilly night, she returned back to the palace when she, on he way out of the palace, bump into a giant wall.

Using the dim light the lamp provided in her hands, she noticed that it wasn't a wall she bump into but a person.

She immediately apologized and when she lift her head up, she saw a very familiar face.

It was the bun guy! He was maybe an officer she thought."it's you.." she said

It was probably fate she thought and absolutely wanted to thank him for what he did.

She removed the jade hairpin in her hair and with the help of the chilly wind, her hairs cascaded down, making her look like a goddess.

Beautiful, he was about to say aloud. Many questions passed through his head and somehow, he felt his cheeks heating up and his heart beating faster and faster after every seconds passed by.

She took his hand and placed the hairpin."this is to thank you for that day."

She then excused herself and walked away, before disappearing when she took a turn.

He stayed, standing in the dark, looking at the beautiful jade hairpin that was illuminated by the light of the moon.

After calling more than a hundred times, the eunuch who was to guide him to the royal prison tap him on the shoulder and said.

"Forgive me wangye, but i think we should...."

"Right" he reply as soon as he was snap back to reality.

He kept the hairpin inside his clothes and made his way to where zhangchuan was found.

"Imperial big brother" he whispered as he entered.

Zhangchuan looked up, to see his little brother, zhangfei.

Zhangchuan found it weird for that little brother of his who dislikes crossing path with others, especially his family, coming to visit him.

"I came here to inform you that muhou and mufei went astray this morning and both were punished to pray at the temple of the south for a month and muhou told me to give you those pastries..."

After finishing his business, he went back to his own palace where he brought out the hairpin the beautiful lady gave her.

It was a very simple one with a Phoenix carved on top, yet, it seemed to be the most beautiful hairpin in the world and he could still smell the fragrance of plum blossoms coming from her...
( hairpin picture below:)

___________Terribly sorry for late update but I'm really really busy this year

___________
Terribly sorry for late update but I'm really really busy this year... sigh... 😢😢