#20

Huiliang, as always prepared her box with dishes inside and went to the imperial palace to dine with zhangchuan.

Even if, she was still heartbroken about the way he acted that morning, it was her duty as his wife to bring him his food and not let him suffer much more than he already did.

She again arrived in front of his cell and after the soldier opened the locked door, she made herself comfortable and prepared the table.

Soon, the table was filled with more than ten dishes and they soon dig in, in silence.

They both didn't talk as she was too sad to and he was too in his thoughts to.

He was thinking yet again of his beloved huiqing, thinking whether she was eating properly during that long trip, whether she became even thinner than she already was and whether she was well escorted during that dangerous journey.

He was filled with worry about her and could not help but think about the worst possible outcome that could happen to her during her long journey.

He apologized to her for being incapable of taking her in and should have immediately disobeyed his father when he made that degree.

He regretted not making that decisions and a week inside that cell cleared his mind.

Once he was out, even if she was no longer the unsullied girl that she was, for him, she is still the pure angel and that will never change for as long as he loved her.

He promised that even if she was married to a demon lord, he would, using his own powers take her away and live a happy life together and having beautiful kids running around the house.

His goal was set and was determined to do everything in his means to get her back.

___
Sorry for the long wait...😁 but here is another chapter...