"I dare you to go public, you won't be seen on the face of this earth again." She threatened.

"You won't do shit."

"You're right." She shrugged. "But like I said, if you go public, no one will ever see you again."

He smirked and walked out of the room.

As soon as he did, Beyoncé had her hand on my chin, lifting my head so that I was looking up at her.

"Is he the reason that you're in the hospital Normani?"

"No. I already told you no."

"And I feel like you're fuckin' lying to me little girl so ans-"

"I just said no! No Beyoncé damn, he's not the reason I'm here. I hit my head, shit." I rolled my eyes. She was getting on my damn nerves. If the answer isn't the one she wants then I'm lying, like that doesn't make any sense. I'm telling the damn truth. I've never given her a reason not to believe me.

She let my face go and clenched her jaw, pacing the room.

"I think you're trying to protect him. I think you don't wanna see him hurt but you don't have to see him hurt. I'll have my people kill his ass and you won't have to hear from him ever again." She smiled.

"Beyoncé! No!" I yelled.

"Don't yell at me. I was just giving you options."

"That's not funny."

"I'm not laughing." She crossed her arms. "But we don't have much time, he may go public tonight and if people see us together after that, it's over for us. They're going to eat us alive if so. I told you shit would get messy but of course, you wouldn't listen."

"So you're saying it's my fault if he goes public?" I scoffed. This woman is so fucking- UGH!

"Why do you keep taking shit out of context? That's not what I said."

"It sounds like that's exactly what you said to me." I shrugged, crossing my arms. I looked away from her, tears falling down my cheeks. These hormones were getting to me otherwise, I wouldn't be crying over some stupid words from Beyoncé.

"Normani."

"Just leave me the fuck alone, I don't wanna hear anything from you anymore. Everything that comes out of your mouth is a damn lie or something to hurt me. 'Cause that's all you wanna do, right? All you wanna do is hurt me."

"Baby-"

"Beyoncé, leave me alone."

She rolled her eyes and sucked her teeth before walking over to me. She pulled my shirt up and kissed my stomach then walked out of the room.

• • •

I'd been calling Beyonce for at least 15 minutes but she wouldn't answer. She couldn't be mad at me when she told me that it was MY fault if Rome goes public about us.

"Dinah and Lauren, come with me."

"Where?"

"To Beyonce's house."

"Why are we going over there?" Lauren asked, furrowing her eyebrows.

"Because I left my jacket over there while we were recording something." I said and they nodded.

The ride was somewhat silent as they touched my belly and took selfies of all of us, posting them on Snapchat.

When we got to Beyonce's house, they told me that they were going to stay in the car. I got out of the car and knocked at the door but remembered I knew exactly where her key was so I just opened the door.

"Beyonce." I called out for her.

"How are you in my house?" She asked, walking downstairs.

She was in a towel from the waist down and she had on a Nike sports bra. She looked amazing but that's not the damn point.

"Why aren't you answering my calls?"

"You said you didn't wanna hear shit. What's the point? If you don't care, why should I care?" She shrugged and walked into the kitchen, I followed her.

"Someone has to care."

"So the hell does it have to be me?! All I do is care about you Mani and you have the nerve to believe that I should be the one chasing after you? I told you I didn't mean it like that and you should believe me."

"And you should believe me when I tell you that Rome isn't the reason I'm in the hospital!" I yelled back.

"No I shouldn't. You don't get it. I never liked him simply because he was with you and now you're in the hospital after what? 15 minutes of seeing him? Yeah, that shit? It don't add up."

"Blah blah blah, you're declaring your love for me, I get it."

"You don't get it and you're so fucking stubborn. Normani, you said you wanted more a-and I'm giving you more and I don't know how to do it-" She cut herself off and started to cry.

I sighed and pulled her into me, letting her wrap her arms around my waist. "I don't know what you want. I'm trying."

"I know baby, I know and I'm sorry. I didn't mean to push you so-"

"Stay Mani. That's all I need you to do. I don't give a fuck about pretty boy, I care about you and our child and if it had to be public then so be it. It's me and you against the world."

"I-I can't leave him."

"After all that shit, after everything I just told you, you still want him? Fuck it. Go. Leave just like everybody else did. And to think, I thought you were different."

And there it was. She was cold again, she didn't care about what I felt anymore. And I was the reason.

I love her so much but this is what I had to do if I wanted her safe. Rome may be young but he knows what he's doing. I've seen it in action before and I didn't want any part of that happening to Beyonce.

She was everything to me but I had to keep this secret from her. I had to do this for the sake of her. For the sake of her child.

So I didn't say anything, I just grabbed her jacket and I left.

I just got in the car and I cried and I let them console me. I let them try to figure everything out but I just left it alone and cried my eyes out.

I missed her and I had her in my hands for awhile until I lost her... all because I was pregnant. All because of Rome.
_____________
a/n : damn I'm so sorry y'all 😭