i. kidnapped by the agent

i. KIDNAPPED 

"Who the hell are you and why the hell are you in my living room?"

Today should have been like any other day. Usually at 5pm, I'd come back to my empty apartment from college and procrastinate on homework. But today at 5pm, there was a six foot tall stranger dressed in a dark suit leaning against my door-frame.

"Is that any way to speak to your guests?" The man states. There's a subtle dimpled smile appearing on the edges of his lips. 

I couldn't tell if he was joking or not. If so, this was the worst stand-up performance I'd ever seen. 

I grab the stool close to me just in case I need to fight him off. Although judging by his tall frame, athletic build and array of weapons fastened on his belt, there would be no way for me to win.

The intruder raises his eyebrows at me when I pick up the stool.

"Do you really think that's going to work?"

I slowly put the stool down in defeat. He was right, it was a pathetic attempt. The only other way I could get out of this situation was to run. I slowly slide off my thirty-ton backpack and ready myself for an escape. That probably wasn't going to work either.

I think the universe is telling me I need to exercise more.

"You didn't answer my question," I say in my best authoritative voice. "Who are you?"

The stranger gives me a smirk that I immediately want to slap off. "Miss Octavia Snow, my name is Ace Blackwell. I'm with the CIA—you're going to have to come with me."

I give him a strange look. Surely he either had the wrong person or he was crazy. "No thanks, I'm really not a big fan of kidnapping."

The man slowly shakes his head and strides towards the door. His hand lingers on the doorknob. I thought he was going to leave, but to my dismay, he locks the door instead.

"Sorry Cupcake," he says not-at-all apologetically, "You don't have a choice."

Suddenly, the intruder wraps a strong hand around my waist and throws me over his shoulder. I claw at his back, but he doesn't even seem fazed by my vain efforts. Just annoyed. 

"Stop doing that! This suit is designer!"

"Listen to me you piece of--"

Ace uses his other hand to muffle my mouth before I could finish my sentence.

"Would you stop making this difficult?" He seethes as he throws me into the back of a van.

"How else am I supposed to react to a stranger kidnapping me you wank stain?" I scream.

Ace glares at me. The cold metal on the floor of the van makes me unwillingly shudder. Ace's gaze softens, and he takes off his jacket to drape it over my shoulders.