Breaking Phones

Nola
Chapter 67
4 years ago

"What you mean you have to stay an extra week?" Robyn said.

To be honest I was actually on my way to her crib. I just wanted to fuck with her a little bit. To be honest I have been back in Cali all day.

"This case is taking a little longer baby," I said and sighed.

"But you said last night the case was coming close to a verdict and the jurors were going to give the answer today and you would fly out after that," she said.

"They did but it was deadlock and the judge sent them back to come up with a verdict," I said smoothly as I pulled into the parking garage.

I heard her sigh. She really missed me and I missed her. I pulled my car into the spot next to her and got out.

"So we gonna FaceTime tonight?" She asked me as she hide the hurt in her voice.

"Yeah baby," I said as I grabbed my bag out the trunk and made my journey inside the building.

"Good. Are you at the hotel yet?" She asked me.

"Yeah I'm on the elevator right now," I lied.

I bit my lip as I pressed the button to go up to her penthouse.

"Okay. Stay on the phone with me Nola," she said softly.

"Anything you want baby," I said as the elevator stopped.

"How's was your day?" I asked her as I got off the elevator and started my long walk down the corridor.

"It was going good until I found out my girlfriend wasn't coming," she sounded hurt.

I bit lip. I placed the phone on mute and knocked on the door and rang the door bell all crazy like Nyla would. She is so irritating at times but that's my baby sister wouldn't trade her for anything.

"Who the fuck is dis?" I heard Robyn get up.

I unmuted my phone.

"Who you got coming over?" I asked her.

"Nobody," she mumbled.

"Robyn I swear you better not be fucking bitches without me ," I said and smirked.

"I'm not and you better not either," she said.

I laughed and licked my lips.

"What if I am?" I asked her.

"Nola, I love you I do but I'm not in the mood for your shit," she said.

"She a bad bitch tho'," I said.