Break up to Never Make up

Melody
Chapter 42
2010

I watched as my bum ass girlfriend slept on the couch. She had literally just got in from work a few minutes ago. I shook my head in semi disgust. She had gained so much weight since we been together. Everything about her annoyed the shit out of me. I watched as she stretched her body and went back into her sleep. She wasn't making the money I needed her to make and she was always at work. She keep telling me it's going to get better but I just wasn't seeing it.

"Nova wake up," I said as I stood in the doorframe of the living room of the small apartment we were sharing.

"What Melody?" She mumbled and looked at me out of one eye.

"I need you to take me to school and pick me up today," I told her.

"Baby just drive yo car," she mumbled.

"Uh no I want you to take me and drop me off," I told her.

"I literally just got off work and I have to be back at 1. I would love to get some rest before that," she said.

"Okay and it's 7 now sooooo," I said as I moved my hand in a circular motion.

I watched as she sighed and stood up. Her black Dickie pants were too damn big and her shirt was too. I rolled my eyes. She looked like a fucking slob. She snatched her keys off the table and walked out the door.

See this is the attitude I can't put up with. I'm over her.

"You know what you don't even have to pick me up after work. I will have my friend do it," I said as I got into her 2005 Nissan Maxima.

"The pharmacist or the chef?" She asked me.

"Does it matter?" I asked her shocked that she knew about them.

They were my side pieces I had been talking to for a while now.

"Not at all," she said and cranked up her car.

"You know I'm tired of this," I said.

"Okay Melody," she said as she made a left.

"I'm tired of you too and your attitude," I told her.

"Okay Melody," was all she said as she sighed.

I groaned and rolled my eyes.

"We should break up and go our separate ways to be honest. I'm tired of fighting and looking at yo sloppy ass," I said.

I watched as she gripped the wheel tighter and I smirked.

"You are right," she said and sighed.

"You not gonna put up a fight? You know what. Your such a punk. You don't ever fight or stick up for yourself or me. I can't be with anybody who doesn't fight for me," I said.

I felt the car stop.

"I'm done fighting. As a matter of fact you can call one of your bitches to pick yo ass up," she said as she looked at me and unlocked the door.

I looked at her and raised my eyebrow. I nodded my head and got out her car. I was close enough to walk into school anyways.

"Yo shit will be outside,"  she said and sped off.

I laughed and shook my head. She wouldn't put my shit out she was just talking her shit. I placed my purse on my shoulder and walked into the building. I felt a weight had been lifted off my shoulders.

"Hey girl you look happy!" My friend Lace said.

"Girl I just broke up with my girl bum ass," I said.

"The Lawyer?" She asked.

"She isn't a lawyer yet," I said as I sat at my desk.

"Girl what you gonna do when she make it big?" She asked me.

"She won't. She to sloppy for that," I said and laughed.

"Yeah okay but if she does?" She asked and broke off a piece of her poptart.

"Well then I will be right back with her. I got her heart in my hand. She will come back if she gets her life together," I said.

"Mhmm or she find somebody else," she said.

"Trust me she will never find nobody better than Melody," I said and smiled.