Prince

"To prove my point. If I were Joey, you wouldn't have done that, but just because you won't, doesn't mean you can't."

"You're insane, do you know that?! All you proved was that you can shift mid-jump, big deal."

"At least pretend you're trying to understand what I'm saying. I think you should train with someone else."

"And I think you should put some dang pants on! Joey knows what's best for me, you're just jealous because you think he's threatening your position in the pack!"

"He doesn't know what's best, he isn't the Alpha, you are!"

"That's right, I am Alpha, and as Alpha I say drop it!"

Phil glares at me fiercely,

"Fine, but remember what I've said. Getting the snot nocked out of you daily isn't going to improve your chances with Narre, in fact it's probably hurting them."

And with that he stomps our angrily, slamming the door behind him. Almost instantly Josiah comes in, wrapping me in a warm embrace.

"What happened, Jen?"

"Nothing important."

He lifts my head up slightly till we're looking eye to eye.

"Don't lie to me, Jennifer. I know something happened. Did he try something?"

I shake my head. "No,"

He sighs pulling me to him tighter.

"Good, I don't think I could handle it if someone hurt you, with my being so close by,"

"I know, I'm alright,"

He pulls away, sliding his hands down my arms, to tangle his fingers with mine.

"Now, how about you show me this beautiful office of yours?"

The grand tour took a total of ten minutes before, Joey took a seat at my desk and began going over some of Dusts paperwork.

"These financial records are a mess!"

"Yep. Dust, the Alpha before me, wasn't the greatest at, well, anything. I've been working on getting everything sorted out, but it's taking a while,"

"I could help you, if you want. I know you've never really liked dealing with things like this,"

"Aww thanks Joey, but I think I'm okay. I've almost finished, there's hardly anything left,"

"Whatever you say, I'm just here to help,"

"I know." I stoop, looping my arms loosely around his shoulders as he sits at my desk. Resting my head on my shoulder watching idle as he flips through the papers.

"Joey?"

"Yes Jen,"

"Are we mates?"

His hands stall, he turns his head to looks up at me.

"What makes you ask that?"