ALTERNATE ENDING | chef curry

Start from the beginning

"Daddy, are you going to make some french toast?"

"Would you like some?"

"Yes please!" She replied in excitement.

"Alright, and what else would you like to order Miss? Does your beautiful mama want something too?"

"Nope, whatever Ashton wants, I want too."

"What Ashton wants, Ashton gets!" Steph said as he quickly looked at the two while continuing to finish up his cooking. He took a double take and smiled at his wife and daughter playing with playdoh at Ashton's table. First, Heart always sat on that kiddy chair like it was the thing to do. She was tiny enough to not have any problems sitting on the chair, and Steph found it to be the cutest thing. Second, they were so into the playdoh that he couldn't even handle it.

The feels.

Ashton was a splitting image of her mama and Steph loved it. More than anything. She looked like her mom, she had the same attitude and bubbly-ness her mama had.

Splitting. Image.

Sooner or later, Stephen finished making breakfast and laid it out the plate, making sure his presentation was on point. 

"Okay my ladies, some 5 star breakfast from Chef Curry coming your way!" Steph said placing the plates in front of the two at Ashton's table. "One for my queen and one for my princess. Would you two like anything else?"

"Uh, yes please. May I have some orange juice?" Ashton smiled up at her father and giggled.

"Sure thing. What about your beautiful mother?" He turned to Heart.

"Coffee, please." 

"You got it." He poured his little girl a glass of OJ and made Heart her coffee just how she liked it. After placing their cups down, he grabbed his plate and squatted onto one of the small chairs to be included in this breakfast with his ladies. 

It was painful, but he's done it successfully before.

Too damn big for these kiddy chairs.

"Daddy, you're too big." Ashton laughed as she ate and looked at her dad. He looked like a giant on the chair, but whatever works, works. Right?

"You gonna be okay sitting there, babe?" Heart looked at him up and down and chuckled.

"Yes of course. I just wanna join my ladies for breakfast."

"Feeling left out?"

"Sort of." Heart smiled and pinched his cheeks. They finished their breakfast way too quickly and started to get ready for their day. It was a beautiful Sunday - a beautiful Sunday for a Dubs game. Heart threw on an oversized flannel with some distressed jeans and black boots, with Ashton and Steph wearing similar outfits. Heart threw Ashton in a flannel, a jacket, some leggings and black combat boots while Stephen put on a flannel, distressed jeans and black Chelsea boots.

Time was moving so quickly that the Curry family found themselves heading to Oracle Arena sooner than expected. Heart and Ashton walked next to Stephen as they made their way down the hallway towards the locker room.

"There she go!" Dray said as he squatted and waited for Ashton to run over and give her Uncle Dray a big hug. "Ahhhhh, that's the hug I was looking for. Thanks lil mama." He said, swinging her around and putting her down. "Aw look at ya'll, lookin' all cute in your outfits."

"Thank you." Heart smiled.

"I don't know about yo' husband though, he lookin' a lil rough on the edges." Dray squinted his eyes as he pretended to examine Steph's hairline. Stephen smacked his lips and shook his head.

"My hairline is fine."

"Oh nah, them hairs yellin' otherwise bruh. When's the last time you seen your barber? A decade ago?"

"Man, whatever." Dray continued to pretend and pick at his hairs, causing Steph to wave his arms around to block him out.

"No hug for me?" Klay asked, walking down the hall seeing Heart and Ashton waiting along the wall. Ashton walked over and pounded his fist before he bent over to hug the girl. "Hey Heart, lookin' good."

"Hey Klay." She hugged him.

"Oh, hey Klay. In case you didn't see us walking past." Steph said sarcastically, making Klay softly laugh and shake his head.

"Wassup."

"Wassup." Dray mocked him. His favorite thing to do, if ya'll haven't noticed. "Ol' raisin headed ass."

"That's why ya'll get no love."

"Actin' like you got it like that. The only one dealin' with you is Rocco, and he was forced to."

"He was not. That boy knows he loves me more than anything."

"You sad as hell, stop talking." The two continued to bicker as they made their way deeper into the locker room. 

"Alright, I'll see you two out there." Stephen placed a kiss on Heart's lips before bending over to kiss Ashton.

"Goodluck Daddy!"

"Goodluck, Wardell." Heart smiled as she grabbed Ashton's hand to make their way to the seats. Sooner or later, they players came out for warm ups. Stephen continuously made his shots, even the most ridiculous ones, letting everybody know that this game would be off to a good start. With the game finally starting, Stephen made his way to the bench and did quick stretches to keep himself warmed up. 

Right before jump off, he quickly made his way towards Heart and Ashton for one last kiss. "I love you both. More than anything." He winked at the two before proceeding to make his way to center court.

"We love you too."

---

in light of the new year coming, i have finally posted an alternate ending.

enjoy! pls check out Changes & Unthinkable. will be updating this weekend. :)

love you guys <3