Last Chance

Read authors note at end‼️‼️‼️‼️
______________
Okay so I found a wedding planner!" I said to Chris who was sitting next to me.

"Well contact her to see when we can get this stuff started." He replied while writing on a notepad.

"I will."

"When you tryna have it? What you think the theme should be?" He asked

"Well I want us to wear white and for the guests to wear gold and white. The decorations should be white with a little gold but I want like a gold crystal chandelier wit—"

"Okay babe, tell it to the wedding planner I just wanted to hear your ideas." He chuckled

I playfully rolled my eyes and went and got Hope who had just woke up.

Throughout the day I brainstormed to Layla instead of Chris for one since he had to go to the studio of course and also because I know he's tired of hearing it for now. That was the main thing we conversed about all day. Also looking up pictures.

The next day I called the wedding planner and discussed my thought process with her.

"You look pretty young. How long had you and him been together before he proposed?" The wedding planner had asked once we finished up.

"For almost 4 years. We have two beautiful girls together." I smiled

"If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?" She asked

"I'm 20, he's 21."

"I figured you were young." She replied

"How?" I said scrunching my face up.

"You just look like it. Don't get offended, it's nothing wrong with what I asked."

"Okay."

"Well we can finish this up on the next appointment date, I have to tend to my baby." I smiled sarcastically.

"Okay that's fine. But young lady I really hope I didn't offend you by asking a simple question. I'm going to be constructing your whole big day, I should at least know something right?" She replied while gathering her things.

"But my age is irrelevant."

"Technically it's not. I ask all my clients that, I even ask, if they don't have any already, would they like kids in the future? I just wanna know their mindset placement, not to judge them. To be technically honest I think it's great you're both engaged and thinking of marriage so early. If you think there's something  wrong with me asking then maybe there's something wrong here, you must think you're too young to be getting married and if that's what it is, re evaluate yourself and him and talk it over. If you're still up for it, please don't hesitate to give me a call." She said and gathering the rest of her things, exiting.

It's not so much of what I think about us getting married anymore, it's the judgement I think others may place. The fact that we're young and getting married is probably a red flag for them. That's not what she was trying to do, I took it out on her thinking she was one of those people. I was wrong and I must admit that.

My phone vibrated on the table and I looked down to see it was a person calling that I hadn't heard from in a minute, Reggie.

"Hello"

"Hey Maria, haven't heard from you in a while." He said

"Hey Reggie."

" How you doin'? Have your baby yet?" He asked

"Yep I had her in August, the first week."

"Aw well I'll most definitely make my way over to see her when I get back in town. How you been?" He asked