Home

2 Weeks Later

"Sh sh sh." I said while rocking Hope in my arms. It was 3 in the morning and she was being a little fussy. I just fed her but now I'm just trying to get her to go back to sleep. She's not a crybaby just like Royalty wasn't she just gets up during the wee hours whether she's hungry or needs to be changed.

Chris and Layla have been very helpful the past days that I've been back and I've appreciated it so much, being a full time mother takes a toll on me sometimes and they're there to help me through.

When Chris isn't here because he's sometimes gone at the studio and other places to prepare for his album release, Layla is here in replacement of him.

"You got her?" I heard Chris say behind me while I still held Hope in my arms.

"Yeah, thanks though." I said while she finally fell back to sleep in my arms.

I laid her back inside of her crib, checked on Royalty and returned to our bed. I sighed as I adjusted myself back in the bed, I was so tired. My sleep had been broken every night since I had been back home.

"Don't stress baby girl, I'm proud of you, you doing great." Chris had said while he wrapped his arms around me. I smiled to myself and dozed off.

...
I heard baby cries which seemed like it was no less than 30 minutes later, I glanced at my clock and it was 7 in the morning. I sighed and flipped the covers back, preparing to get up. I forgot to mention she's also an early bird, she wakes up so damn early.

"I got her, go back to sleep." Chris said getting up out of the bed.

I felt so relieved, I couldn't wait to fall back into a sleep.

Hours later I finally had awaken and it was 11, I guess I should get up now. I brushed my teeth and then went into Royalty and Hope's room and they both were still asleep. I kissed Royalty's forehead and she moved a little before waking up.

"Hi mommy" She smiled and gave me a hug. I gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"You wanna help mommy make something for breakfast?" Although it's 11 but who cares.

She nodded and jumped up. I grabbed the baby monitor out of our room while Chris slept and went downstairs to the kitchen.

I was going to make something small and simple for everyone since it's almost not breakfast time anymore but something to hold us off. Just eggs, rice and waffles.

I let Royalty crack the eggs into a bowl and also mix the batter for me. I had to spot her because two years olds can be very reckless.

When everything was finished, while Royalty was looking at TV I went upstairs to wake up Layla and Chris. I went to Layla's room first and she was just waking up.

"Great, I just made breakfast." I said to her.

"You didn't have to" She replied

"I know you rarely can get any sleep and you should've been asleep."

"It's okay, I had to get up eventually." I shrugged.

"Okay, here I come." She said and stretched. I went into the bedroom and Chris was still asleep.

"Wake uppp" I said laying on Chris while he slept.

He moved a little before he finally woke up.

"I made something to eat, come on before it gets cold."

He yawned and stretched before getting up and joining Layla and I downstairs.

We ate and made trivial conversation until we were about finished. I prepared some bottles by putting nursery water in them. I usually prepare them ahead of time for when Hope wakes up.