Something Else

I told Layla to go upstairs and she did as told.
I and Chris were still downstairs trying to come up with who this could've possibly been.

" Did you recently make somebody mad or something that I don't know about ? " I asked full of concern

" Naw, you know I ain't really even been no where"

" So what just happened ? "

" You think if I knew I would've been did something about it " he side looked at me

Now isn't the time for attitudes.

" Well I'm about to go to sleep " I said yawning, and standing to stretch. I was worn out.

" Sleep right here " he said patting on the couch.

" Why- "

" Because, I'm not going upstairs. Who ever that was might come back when they think we sleep, I don't know, try and rob us or something and I wanna be down here so I can hear it. "

" But , if it's gun shots, you're going to hear it regardless. And , they'd have to get past the entrance in order to even get in to rob us... "  I said, trying to convince him that sleeping down here isn't a good idea.

If who ever that was gets past the entrance, they're not going to rob us, they're going to kill us. If we're sitting here the whole night that would just make it easier for them.

" Chris baby, you don't make sense. You're just stressing about it. Come up to bed " I said grabbing his arm.

He softly pulled away from me, " No. I want who ever this is to come back. I got something for they ass. " he said pulling a Sig Sauer 516 from under the couch.

 " he said pulling a Sig Sauer 516 from under the couch

A fucking gun was under our couch. Lord , what if Royalty went under there. Thank god she isn't even here right now.

" Well, Im going to bed. " I turned to go upstairs, I'm really tired and he doesn't want to let up.

" Come on man. " he said pulling my arm.

" Did you text the number back? " I sighed, sitting down, seeing he wasn't going upstairs tonight.

" Yeah " he said and tossed his phone next to me as he sat there thinking. I skimmed through the texts between them.

Who this?
9:36 PM

Unknown: You'll find out soon. Me and my boys at y'all head.
9:39 PM

Who the hell did we piss off? I thought to myself.

Say less. 😷
9:40 PM

And that was the end of the messages between Chris and whomever that may be.

" Chris, I'm not going to even lie, I'm scared. Not just because we have someone unexpectedly shooting at us but because we don't even know who they are and why they're after us. What if you shoot back and end up killing who ever that is and you go back to jail? " I asked him