Thoughts

Read authors note at end.

"Good morning, baby." Chris said when I came downstairs.

"Good morning , something smells good." I said while wrapping my arms around his waist.

"Well, I'm making a lil some. I'm rarely home to make breakfast so I thought today was good enough especially since the kids won't be back until later tonight." He said while flipping the pancake.

"I can't wait, I miss them so much." I whined

"You mean to tell me you get a break and you want them back this soon?" He turned around and smiled in disbelief.

"You wouldn't understand, it's a mommy thing. I'm so attached." I said while walking to the table.

"I understand" he chuckled.

"Can you go wake Layla up? I'm damn near done." He told me. I nodded and went upstairs.

"Knock knock" I said while knocking on her door, then I let myself in.

"You can get up now." I said and removed the covers from her face.

She did lots of moving, then yawned and stretched before sitting up.

"What time is it?"

"11 I think." I shrugged

"Chris must've made breakfast."

"He did, come on I'm hungry" I smiled

"How does it feel to be newly proposed to?" She teased as we walked out of her room

"Girl I still think it's a dream. I always thought he never wanted to get married."

"Maybe he didn't, Maybe you changed his whole outlook on that." She replied. I nodded in agreement.

I shrugged, "Maybe I did."

"Alright, so I made sausages, eggs, pancakes, rice and hash browns." He said once we sat down.

"Wow why so much?" Layla replied

"For one I got a big appetite and for two, why not? I rarely cook so when I do you know I gotta go all out. Now let's eat." He said while making the plates.

"So when are we planning this wedding?" I asked while we ate

"Find a wedding planner and we can go from there." He replied.

"I wanna help" Layla smiled.

"Of course." I said back.

We talked more about how I hoped the wedding would be and afterwards I helped him clean the kitchen.

                             2 hours later

We lounged around for some hours and eventually my mom was on her way with Royalty and Hope.

"I gotta be at the studio in about 45 minutes." Chris had said

"Okay that's fine. How is your album going anyway?"

" I fucked around and made 45 songs." He replied

"Aw dang you must really love your fans. I can't wait to hear them. Are they all finished?"

"I gotta add a few finish and touches to a few that's why I'm going to the studio." He replied

"Are you really going to the studio or you have a few more tricks?" I teased

He chuckled, "I'm really going to the studio. I gotta get this shit done."

"Alright don't be gone too long." I said and gave him a kiss.