How Hard Can It Be?

"Violet, honey, it’s time to get up.” I opened my eyes and stared at my Dad. Did 2 weeks already go by? Don’t get me wrong, I love both of my parents dearly, but because they’re not together anymore, I travel from place to place most of the time. “Do I really have to Daddy?” I pulled the adorable puppy dog face. “Violet, your Mother just called with some exciting news.” I raised an eyebrow and waited.

“What’s the news?” My Dad just smiled at me. “Pack your bags kiddo while I make pancakes.” I nodded my head, got up and started to pack my bags. What could the exciting news be? I left my outfit on my bed, so I didn’t pack it with my other things. “Breakfast is ready darling.” I sighed, zipped my bags up and ran to the kitchen.

“Did it seriously take you half an hour to pack?” I looked up and saw a sad smile on my Dad’s face. “Yeah, I had to pick my attire, and I wanted to stall time.” “I’m afraid you can’t stall time, trust me, I’ve tried.” I sat down across from my Dad and ate the yummy pancakes he made. “How are your brothers?” I swallowed my mouthful and shrugged my shoulders. “Greg is fine, Niall is somewhere singing.” As much as they annoy me, I do love my brothers, Greg and Niall. Yes the Niall Horan from One Direction. I haven’t seen him since he won X-Factor, so I haven’t meet any of the other band members yet.

I finished my breakfast, washed the plates and sighed. “I don’t want to leave again.” I looked down at the tiled floor, trying to keep the tears at bay. “I know sweetheart, I don’t want you to leave, but you’ll be back here soon, and I know it.” I looked up and smiled. “That I will. Mum knows I love both of you equally.” My Dad nodded his head. “I know, we both do, but this time, it’s different, she called about a surprise.” I frowned. “What surprise is it?” My Dad just grinned.

“I can’t tell you that, but when you get home, you’ll find out.” “Alright. I guess I have to go get dressed?” “Yes, unless you want to go out in your P.J’s?” “No I guess not. When are we going?” “The car arrives in less than 10 minutes.” My eyes widened. Wow, time fly’s; half an hour to eat, my longest. I rushed to my bedroom, quickly got dressed in my black skinny jeans, off the shoulder pale pink sild top and my shiny black pumps.

Violet, the car’s here!” “Coming!” I grabbed my phone, bags and ran outside, where my Dad was talking to the driver. “Okay, I want you to either-” “Call or text you when the plane lands. I know Daddy; I’ve been doing it for a while now.” My Dad smiled and nodded his head. “I know, but I still worry.” I nodded my head. “Come here Vi.” I ran over to my Dad and hugged him like my life depended on it. “I’ll miss you Daddy.” “Me, too baby girl.” My Dad pulled away first, kissed the top of my head and wiped the single tear that fell from my eye.