Help!- Man Handle?

Start from the beginning

"Well you are lucky then, aren't you Paul" John deadpanned.

"Whys that?"

"Because we would be looking for a new bass guitarist wouldn't we"

*******

"So what do I wear?" Louise stood in the kitchen and carefully tossed a pill back while John looked for his socks.

"Just wear the cossie Louise. They'll have a wardrobe of gear for you. Dress-ups!" Paul smiled as he pulled a sock out of the back of the couch, then pulled on some elastic that wouldn't give til he stood up from the seat. A bra popped out in his hand.

"Hey! That's where it went. John! Paul found my bra!"

"Hip hip hooray" John walked in with a smoke and a scowl.

"What's up your arse?" Paul swung the bra about.

"Stop touching Lou's bras" Taking Louise by the hand he led her past Paul, grabbed the bra and kept walking to the bedroom.

"We can't do it  with them lot standing around waiting John"

"Just sit on the bed I'm not having me way"

"Why not!?"

"Because I'm not"

"Why!? Because of them girls isn't it?!" Louise grumbled and went to stand up to exit the room in a tizz.

John laid a hand on Lou's shoulder and pushed her back down on the bed "Not them. We need to shove off that's all. I just wanted you to wear something over your cossie babe" Pulling open her drawer John lifted up a few bits and pieces of Lou's clothes "Can't be down on the set with twenty or thirty blokes with you running about looking like that. That's all"

"John... Evie's two soon..."

"Yea time has certainly flown" Flopping on the bed with his white beach towelling jacket, John decided Lou needed at least a cuddle, they lay quietly staring at the ceiling fan. "You'll be able to do heaps soon, when she's off to school. No more nappies and crying in the midnight hour. Won't that be a treat" Squeezing her gently in solidarity, Louise plastered on a smile.

"Would you like her to have a brother or sister, one day?"

"Oh, I don't know. Lots of work all that and the fighting... can you imagine us refereeing a gaggle of kids. Nah Evie will have heaps of cousins on your side. My sisters might have kids soon too, well give 'em a few more year, Julia is only, what? 16 Years old"

"Come on you two, we need to get down the set" George stood in the doorway watching his sisters face, something was up with her, something weird, like the time she pretended to eat asparagus then hid it under his bed- didn't find the mess till a week later when he pulled on his shoe. "What's the long face for Louise?"

"Oh nothing George, just a bit tired, I guess"

Louise sat up and did everything she could not to look at John. Which included pulling the entire contents of her shirt drawer out to see what was suitable for a very-slightly-pregnant-with-non-wanting-another-child-husband person. John kissed her cheek and wandered out to stand waiting for the motor with the lads.

"She alright?" Paul inquired, the look of bemusement on Johns face as he fled their boudoir had him asking, maybe Lou was right to be a tad skittish about another kid.

"Yea" then John shouted over his shoulder "Lou hurry up will yo-"

"I'm here, keep your chastity belt on, please" Louise wore a pretty yellow sundress that clipped her thighs and left her shoulders free.

John smiled after the lass, watching her bounce a bit as she scooted down the stairs. Neil and Mal each collecting a kiss as she stood by the car fluffing her hair out from the loose braid she had left it in overnight, the results made her look stunning and she didn't even have a mirror.

Settling her on his lap he only just realised she had been evading his eyes, each time he had turned to her she looked away, perhaps the vista as they drove was slightly better than my mug John mused but he wasn't so sure that that was it entirely ever since they lay on the bed he hadn't felt her eyes flutter over him as was the case usually.

Usually as soon as those orbs blessed him he knew, happiness or hate, he knew she was looking, watching, wondering but not today, not yet any hap. She was not looking or casting a glance his way at all.

"Louise, we're here" John jiggled her a little and watched her wake from the cloud of thought she resided in, now I know what the term 'so close yet so far' means.

"What?"

"Up and out luv"

"Oh, Oh hi Brian" Louise took Brian's hand and scooted out of the car to stand, hands on hip and look about the place they had arrived at.

Not a grain of sand in sight. Black rocks fled toward the sea from the car park the crew of film makers were set up in. The small short bushes that surrounded the area were clipped and neat with a few opening s here and there for the party to navigate to get closer to the water.

"Makeup" a lady clapped her hands and four Beatles jogged or meandered after her with Brian hot on their heels. Lou shrugged and followed so she didn't look like a tourist gawking about....