I'm Down

She took the taxi, it was extravagant but she shan't walk at night alone ever, ever again.

Not going straight home, she went to the Cavern as she had arranged earlier in the day when Paul had nicely offered for her to join them for some music and drinks which she needed now more than ever.

The purple pea-coat was a bit underdressed but she chose not to care for the stares she received, she walked slightly dazed down the flight of narrow stairs after Alf the doorman let her past. The throng of girls harping at him, moaning about how Louie got through so easily as she wandered, not caring, down toward the cellar like space, fingers grazing the walls as  she sank into the depths of the club.

Ringo spotted her first and grinned like the Cheshire cat- wide, honest, happy. She went to turn to leave as her foot barely touched the bottom step.

Suddenly being here, was a massive mistake.

"Hang on you can't go yet silly, you just arrived Louie. I can call you Louie, right?" Richy was on her in seconds, he had been holding up the bar as the kit was right to go, already set up on stage, the three other lads somewhere or other...

"Course you can, we told you that" Lou let Richy, as she liked to call him, lead her toward the door beside the stage pushing through the throng of young people with not a care in the world, Louie wished silently to be so innocent again. They crossed the threshold and she was stung in the nose by body odour, crinkling her nostrils in disgust. "Crikey you lot, a bit of cleanliness about yourselves for god's sake"

"There's me sis" George grabbed her in a bear hug, she wondered what on earth had got into him. "We have news" he whispered, Lou blanched she had news too.

George spun her, turning her toward John and Paul as they faced each other trying to gather a new tune together, plucking at strings and saying, at first, random words then re playing again and again, inserting those words into lyrics and melody.

"Lou, what's another word for annoying, hmm" Paul asked almost to himself but he glanced up politely, he knew she was brainy with words and such, though looking at her now he was having second thoughts, her face was positively ashen.

"Awww well, with you lot if you're not annoying your complaining" She lifted a faint smile to her lips to cover the daze that flooded through her. John nodded, pleased, never letting his eyes leave the guitar strings, and they both quickly re sung the lines.

I don't wanna sound complaining

But you know there's always rain in my heart....

"Brill Louie" Paul tooted immediately launching back into the whole verse and middle eight. It was definitely good, Lou could already tell.

She had to sit.

Holding so much in for so long was so tiring she felt sick, her heart, her mind, her stomach....

Then she was up, gone, rushing out the door to the lav's, holding the sink for dear life, the mirror mocking her 'you're pregnant' heat rushed up her body and she swayed like a leaf in the breeze, caught teetering on the brink of flight with the winds or dropping like a lead weight to the ground.

She found the ground.