Worth It

Waking and crying, waking and crying. Louise seemed to do nothing else. 

She would ruin Johns career with this, Evie would be taken and she would be sullied for the rest of her days. Louise contemplated walking away, hiding, running, fleeing everything that would be ruined and stained from her presence. John moaned in his sleep and his arms surrounded her, likely even in his sleep he wanted to protect her. Was she even worth it...

Evie was. Evie was light, Evie was sunshine and happiness, wonderful smiles and now she was starting to cuddle back it was the most glorious thing to feel those tiny arms wiggle around you and make your face light up with joy. Evie was definitely worth it.

John snuggled against her side and Lou turned over to match him, nose to nose she wanted to be as close as his sleep would allow her. He has given me so much, Louise touched his cheek, careful not to wake him.

He has given up everything a young man should not have to give up - freedom, the chance to live as only a bachelor could. Sure, he was a little bugger and mucked up on occasion but on the whole...... on the whole he wore a wedding ring to match hers, he was beside her tonight and last night and three weeks ago, well not three weeks he had been in Miami, America three weeks ago. But he snuggled her and kissed her, touched her with tenderness and lust, want and passion. He loved her, she believed that now. .....John was worth it.

And Evie, he loved Evie beyond words with nothing but love. Daddy through and through, never once had he said he didn't want the baby to her after the false starts in the beginning. Lou was sure he had had misgivings before the birth and must have been so scared to think of this tiny human being in his house, life and heart. But he did it, he stood up, maned up and become father, daddy and husband. And most importantly made Lou and her daughter, his.

John was up on an elbow kissing her cheeks and Lou realised she was damp.... crying tears in the night, the sobs rang out as Johns arms brought her close.

"It'll be alright luv. Shush" John breathed the words softly in her ear and Lou's breath caught as Johns words tumbled from his lips as sadly as her thoughts had been. "Louise, we'll get through this together, it'll be alright"

"I love you" Louie kissed him desperately deep to find anchor, hooking him line and sinker John returned kisses and hugs like confetti making her feel safe and warm and secure "I love you so much Johnny"

Slowly John felt Lou return to sleep with his words of love drifting over her, she was treasured and safe and he promised, he promised her their world would be right, they would be right. Their family would make it.