Flip Flop Fly

The music was frantic, galloping. The beat carrying the song into hearts through dancing feet. Tables were cleared and pushed away, pressed against the walls.

The hypnotic beat pulsed on, the singers voices surrounded them and a plethora of dance moves where preformed. The energy from the sound pushing the dancers into the twist, the stomp, deep dips, swinging hips and the pumping adrenaline as they moved about the makeshift dance-floor had them twisting and jiving and slipping and sliding the whole night long... Lou and Richie burned up that floor.

Time dashed like the music, it was late night and she was happy, radiant and beautiful, Richie enjoyed this freestyle Louise. Eyes shimmering, laughter on tap, gorgeous, carefree and a lovely vision in ivory.

"My goodness Richie you're such a great dancer!!" Ringo flipped Louise over and round and let her fly off to arm's length and she landed back in his arms every time, laughter erupting in the both of them every time. She slid back down between his legs he turned over her and she was up again his arms dragging her up high in to heady bounce then her feet fled around him all over again. Glancing at the boys lined up at the bar she caught the look on George's face as he stood grumbling in Harry's ear. "What's wrong with George?"

"Well you're not exactly doing the waltz miss pregnant Louise!" Richie retorted as they raced into the twist, Lou almost twisting to the floor and back up again "You're no slouch dancer either, Lou!"

Louise nodded and bit her lip, she was a little bit pregnant not waddling she could dance and bop til the cows came home.. she shook her head, this was her moment how many more of them like this would she get. She tilted her head back and laughed as Richie spun her on a dime, tonight was such fun and no one would stop her dancing, but it was late and she hated that it would end too soon.

Richie called time at the end of that particular number, his hair hung flat with sweat, Louise pouted as he tried to pull her toward the makeshift bar, he finally relented and pulled her round to the floor again, turning to lead the way into a slow jive, making her giggle, he truly enjoyed watching the laughter and happiness radiating from her, she was a great girl and could almost out dance him!

And....

John was pissed.

Mister and Missus Harrison and the older relatives had all grown tired and left the small café converted into a wedding reception.

Paul and Dot had a fight because Paul was paying more attention to John.

And George was moaning over not having a date other than cousin Flora, twice removed.

Harry and Peter stayed silent with their girls on their arms, they drank til the place was emptied and earlier Lou had to persuade Richie to go pick up more booze with her own money; He did. Swiftly collecting and returning triumphant, dragging another three crates of warm ale through the kitchen door and into the bar they had set up for the night. A flagon of wine teetered on top and Paul fetched a bottle of scotch from the front seat of Richy's prized Ford Zephyr Zodiac in double quick time.

The streamers were lavender and white which matched the flowers in the bride's bouquet and the tiny ones tangled in her hair, she had excelled in putting the whole night together and they didn't even have to clean up til lunchtime tomorrow as the café was shut all of Sunday.

"May I cut in" Paul took Richie's place and twirled Lou into a slow easy lope around the floor til he just stood with her in the centre of the room.

Almost still, only a slight sway as he shifted slighlty foot to foot, calm enough to allow her to rest her head on his shoulder. Lou let the long emotional day and night creep over her just a little. "Dot's gone home luv, she said to say sorry"

Louise pushed off Paul and studied his face for signs of distress. She hadn't just 'gone home' they were over, through. No hurt, only relief shone in his eyes, Lou had known that he wasn't invested in Dot, it was destined to end. Lou rested her head again and spoke "You alright with it?"

"Yeah, she was so into giving me grief for being away with the band, no encouragement, only anchors and stop signs. Luv...." Paul twirled Louise away from him once more "...you looked, you look very pretty today. Quite a smashing bride if I may say"

"Smashed bride you mean, I am bushed! But...thank-you for the compliment" Louie twirled again and Paul watched over her as she frowned "Is he.... asleep?"

"He was, he's sobered quite a bit with the coffee I pumped him full of but, as of now, he is now secured in the hotel room your parents gifted" Paul grinned as Lou giggled into his shoulder.

"Secured, did you tie him up?!"

"Nah, just locked and barred the windows" Paul smiled then took her hand as she giggled and led her to the tables. Louise then yawned loudly "You should be off too Louise, me thinks" Paul whispered beside her ear as he swept his eyes carefully toward her brothers "Appearances, hmmm"

Lou looked over at Harry and, with the stare he was pinning her with, she dropped Paul's hand like a hot potatoe.
Harry stood to come toward her, dropping a quizzical look at his brother as he left the girl he had brought along - Lyn or Lyndal or Linda, Louise wasn't sure.
Louie moved quickly to intercept Harry. Quickly closing the distance to get his eyes off of Paul, she smiled broadly and Harry couldn't be grumpy any longer. She was his sister after all, just married and it was her special day.

"Harry, just the man! Give us a lift to the hotel please brother" Lou turned Harry toward the coats and bags set aside in the corner and searched for her white cashmere shawl that Ma had gifted her. "Bye everybody!!"

She never stopped, just taking the initiative and striding to the car parked just outside, Harry slowly following behind.

Wedding done and dusted.

Reception danced away and finally over.

Now just the honeymoon was to come............................and what of John...what would he be like?

What would he be like when she eventually got inside their room.