)(18)(

Above: Old Cover 'Dominique'.

Recap: It is.. cute? No, cute is not a manly word. It was okay.

====

Dominique

I lay on my own bed in the Institute, my head resting on Jonathan's chest. My ear lays exactly above his beating heart. Finally a human pace, I think with a sigh. Jonathan's fingers play around with my hair.

He sighs as well. I look up into his dreamy green eyes. "Is everything alright Jon?" He looks down and stares into my eyes. He looks serious. "Dom, we need to be honest with each other. You know that the Clave will probably decide to kill me. I just want you to.. to know that I love you. With every fiber of my body I love you intensely."

I lean a bit up, staring into his eyes. "Of course I know that, Jon. What's the problem." Jon sighs. "I want you to promise me something. That if I die by the hand of the Clave, you will continue to live and find a new love to share your heart with, as I can not bear looking up from the Hell or down from the Heaven to see you suffer. As I can not bear to see you crying over someone who doesn't deserve the pain of grief, like me."

My eyes begin to water. "I can never stop loving you Jon. My heart follows it's way, but somehow my path always crosses yours. I can not bear that you think you will be dieing. We are going to get through this!" He smiles sadly at me. "Promise it me Dominique? Can you promise me this to lessen my suffering, Dominique Seraphina Herondale?"

"I-I promise," I stutter. He grabs my chin firmly, looking deeply inside my soul. "And now mean it," he says. "I promise you, Jonathan Christopher Morgenstern," I whisper to him, staring back intensely.

He smiles and lays back down on the soft mattress, as if a heavy weight was taken off him by this. "It's good to know that," he whispers.

The Clave was meeting downstairs in the library about Jonathan's fate. Clary would probably put a fight for her brother who she began to love, but Jace.. and Alec and Magnus and Isabelle? I'm not sure about them. I mean, the evil Jonathan did kill Max Lightwood brutally.

I swallow a lumb away and rest my head back on Jon's chest. "Has there ever been anyone," asks Jon. "What do you mean," I ask without looking at him. "Anyone else who had won your heart?" "Jace did.. as my brother. Valentine did.. as a father figure. And you did, although for different reasons."

"But no one else," Jon asks. I became nervous. What did he want from me? "No, no one else. What do you want me to tell you Jon?" "That there is a boy you can return to when I'm dieing. That you won't be alone." "I have my newfound family here, Jon." He sighs and my head raises with his chest. "I guess that's enough for now."

The door opens. We both snap up. There stand Jia Penhallow, her husband Patrick, the Lightwoods, Magnus Bane, Clarissa and my brother. I clutch at Jonathan's button-up in fear. "What have you decided, Consul Penhallow," asks Jonathan coldly.

He was accepting his fate, like he had always done. Jia clears her throat and looks at my brother. Jace takes a step forward and looks at us two.

"Clary and I could convince them that Jonathan should deserve a chance. Jonathan, you will not be charged for the murders your evil side has committed."

Thank the angel Raziel.