Winx Club

Never expected this rant, did you? AHAHAHAHAHA

I actually have a lot of memories with this series. Like, this was my Sailor Moon growing up. Every morning at 7:30 during fifth grade, I would watch this damn show like a religion. I think the second season was airing on 4Kids or YTV (the Canadian equivalent of Nick) about then so the memory in my brain is fresh cause I also remember watching Pokemon right after that. Ah, good memories.

And....revisiting this series has been both nostalgic as well as a reaction of WTF IS EVEN GOING ON NOW

Tbh....the current storyline for Winx Club is honestly kind of cringy and has lost the charm it had in the earlier seasons.

Like the first three seasons or so had a solid storyline (even epic I might add) and despite the fact that the show pandered heavily towards girls, it still kind of holds up to this day. The stakes were legitimately high and they did show the consequences of their actions, both good and bad. Those first 3 seasons also dealt with Bloom finding out about her past and the first movie did wrap up her story arc quiet nicely.....even if Bloom did get an un-proportionate amount of screen time compared to Flora, Tecna, Stella, Aisha (or Layla) and Musa. I also like to point out that I loved the Trix as well. Icy was a favourite when I was ten but recently, Darcy has been taking the cake for that.

Now years later, it's pretty much all over the place and not in a good way. There's so many power ups now that it feels like all of the intriguing aspects of the show has suddenly dissappeared.

And to be perfectly honest with you, that's even more sad then the poor excuse of Last Airbender movie Shyamalan directed.

I mean, I've heard good things about World of Winx and I have seen a couple of episodes of it. But, the complete style change honestly threw me off. Plus, I liked the simpler looks of the girls in the earlier seasons. They had they own style and absolutely slayed it. Also I hate what they did to Tecna's hair, but that's another story. Lets just say that that the earlier seasons had a more aesthetically pleasing style than WoW. In WoW, they look too perfect and the way they're animated look way too stiff.

Also what the fuck is Dreamix? It looks so fucking cringy tbfh.

I also feel like they could've wrapped up the series with the movie, The Secret of the Lost Kingdom. The story was done, finished. Everyone's story arcs and character development practically ended with this movie.

And to those who say that ending the series with the movie (or after the Enchantix season) would've deprived the next generation of this show are all full of shit. Pull a Scooby-Doo, ffs. You finished that story, try starting completely fresh with these characters for the new generation. You know there's such thing as a reboot, right? I mean, I hope that's what WoW is doing.

Also, can the complaints concerning the girls bodies stop????

Like have these people never heard of an art style before?????? Kind of hypocritical that the original Powerpuff Girls got away with showing just Bellum's body and Disney with making Jessica Rabbit from Roger Rabbit sexy (like hot damn she was gorgeous but that body was not realistic) but Winx Club off all things is being told that their main girls look anorexic.

YES YOU HEARD ME RIGHT

LIKE WHAT

HOW

Again, the examples given all had unrealistic bodies. Even a kid would understand that by laws of physics Jessica's body would not be possible in real life.

Hell, if anyone has watched Total Drama Island, you know how unrealistic the body proportions are. Again, do the people complaining about this even know the concept of an art style???? And if they do, why target Winx Club of all fucking things?

And what is it with the argument that the girls are too vapid and obsessed with boys? First of all, as a girls show, the show is about showing girls that they have the power to change, to work and cooperate to find a solution to a problem. And yes, this includes boys as well.

Second, the Specialists work together with the girls. Most of them are in a relationship with the main six but when it's time to fight, that's not the main focus. I really wish people would stop turning it into that.

Third, I quite frankly, find it cool that these guys are all kickass faires (and witches too) and are still stylish. We need to get rid of the tumblr mindset that in order for girls to be badass they need to be plain but beautiful. It's actually kind of toxic and teaches others that if you care about fashion that automatically makes you shallow and vain. No, can I have a main character who cares about fashion but can also be a badass when she needs to thanks bye-

(And yes, I realise that Kim Possible and Marinette are such characters. My point is that there's not enough of them.)

I'll add more later if I come up with anything else but ONE MORE FINAL AND I'M DONE FOR THE QUARTER (PLEASE SAVE ME)

Me as of right now:

What did you guys think? Did ya hate the show, love it? Tell me what you think down in the comments! Till my finals are over, sayonara! :D