1D (One Direction)

Well for the first chapter of this rant book, I'll start off with the overrated fanfic craze, One Direction.

It's okay to write fanfics about them and I have nothing against that. However, when the entire fanfic category is filled with nothing but 1D.......folks, that's when we know that we have a problem.

For gods sake people, there are other good fanfics unrelated to 1D to read out there and it's kinda sad to realize how little those are getting noticed. It's like when you use the search options there's at least one 1D fanfic that pops up despite me searching for something like Harry Potter or Fairy Tail.

Why are we giving attention to the ones that indulge in sexual fantasies?! Because let's be honest, half of the 1D fanfics that I have seen, come under this category. Granted, there're other fanfics other than 1D that do this as well, but in my defense, it's a very low amount compared to 1D.

In addition to that, there are a TON of clichés that I come across whenever I'm reading theses fanfics. Again, it's a general complaint, but it's actually really rare whenever I'm reading HP or Fairy Tail fanfics. (They have certain clichés all on their own, but I'll get to that later.) Examples of such clichés: boy meets girl, or bad boy meets good girl, you get my point. The sappy romances, making the band members werewolves and/or vampires, (yes, there are such fanfics, I'm not joking around) the stupid love triangles......GAHHHHHHHH!

Also, when I mean by sappy romances, I mean the bloody dialogue. It is cringe-worthy, some of them Twilight cringe-worthy. Example:

"I wuv you." Blue smiles softly. "But shut up for a little because I kind of still hate you at the same time." ~P.S I Love You 2

S I Love You 2

Like no. Honestly, it's one of the less cringe-worthy but nevertheless, I can't handle this.

I'm sorry if I sound like a heartless jackass, but this is how I feel about 1D: THEY ARE OVERRATED. I mean, I like their music sometimes but COME ON. YOU CAN LOVE THEM AND THEIR MUSIC AND WRITE FANFICS ABOUT THEM AND ALL THAT SHIZ BUT PLEASE DON'T CROWD THE FANFICTION CATEGORY (AND ALL OF WATTPAD) WITH THEM.

Also, on a side note: for those of you shipping the band members themselves remember that they are REAL PEOPLE, NOT A SUBJECT FOR YOUR PLOT TWIST, OR LEMONS.

What other stuff would you like for me to rant on? Comment below and let me know! :DDDD