Stories w/Scripts (Why do these Exist)

WARNING: I HAVE NO ILL WILL AGAINST THE AUTHOR AND THE PLOT OF THE STORY. PLEASE TAKE THIS WARNING UNDER CONSIDERATION AS YOU SEE ME RANT MINDLESSLY ABOUT THE STRUCTURE OF SAID STORY.

So I got onto my laptop a few hours ago and in my recommendations, lies a story called "100 Days In The Anime World" by SheIsAHellishAngel. Not gonna hate on the plot of story, since I read like only the first few chapters. Besides, just look up the story on Wattpad and it's literally the first result. The cover will have the Wattys 2014 badge thingy on it.

But with that said, emphasis on barely read, because one look into the story, and the first thing I see.....(I'm sorry but I have to show a screenshot of this. I really can't explain how that story was structured.)

I'm sorry, how and why did this win a Wattys Award? It's main character is a complete Mary Sue, the writing is kind of cringe worthy and while the plot does legitimately seem interesting and non-cliché, its execution is very poor

......I'm sorry, how and why did this win a Wattys Award? It's main character is a complete Mary Sue, the writing is kind of cringe worthy and while the plot does legitimately seem interesting and non-cliché, its execution is very poor. And that execution has mainly everything to do with the way it's formatted.

So tell me, are we in theater class?

No? THEN WHY IS YOUR STORY IN A SCRIPT-BASED FORMAT?! Like seriously, we're reading a novel, not a fucking script for a movie. I wouldn't mind this if it was some sort of roleplay or something. But literally, this is a full completed fanfic, full on with a complete plot.

LIKE HAVE YOU ACTUALLY EVER READ A PUBLISHED NOVEL WHERE THE ENTIRE STORY WAS STRUCTURED LIKE THIS?!

(Harry Potter and the Cursed Child does not count because that is a play, not an actual novel.)

If not: Then what were you thinking?! Even the most cliché stories have some effort to actually write a story, with proper paragraph formatting and editing.

Like literally, the screenshot is pretty much a writer's worst nightmare when looking for inspiration. In addition, WHAT IS IT WITH EMOJIS?

CAN YOU PLEASE ACTUALLY DESCRIBE EMOTIONS?! LIKE ACTUALLY USE DESCRIPTIVE WORDS TO CONVEY HALF OF THOSE EMOJIS IN YOUR STORY?

AGAIN, YOU ARE WRITING A STORY. NOT A SCRIPT. NOT A FACEBOOK POST. YOU ARE WRITING

A

FUCKING

STORY.

*ahem*

Sorry, got a bit carried away there. But seriously though, stories are there to convey emotions. They are there for us to imagine new worlds and characters.

This.....is not a story. It's a script, with emojis to sound more "animu".

I swear to God, if anyone finds this story, reads the entire thing and tells me that majority of it is satire, I will fully apologize.

If not.....

I'm done

I'm done.

Yeah, really short and impromptu rant. I almost didn't do this rant because I was scared that people might call me a hypocrite. But then it hit me that technically I was writing my opinions in my rant book. Not in the comments section of the book, but somewhere where I can't really hurt anyone unless the author of this story reads this rant, which is a 10-20% possibility.

Anyway, I might put off the rant for Race to the Edge for a bit. And on a completely unrelated note, has anyone played Pokémon GO yet? I started playing and I have no idea on how to feel about it. XD

What else would you like me to rant on? Comment below and let me know! Sayonara! :D