My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Rant inspired by: MeridaHaddock2

Well, I avoided talking about this show and the fandom long enough. Let's get to it.

If you don't know or like My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, be prepared to be hear both good news and bad news, depending on what you think.

The bad news (or good for the fans): I think the show is pretty decent. Yes, it is aimed primarily towards kids, but let's be honest, so is Avatar and Steven Universe. Yes, it also has its flaws (the movies especially) but it's also better than, well, the previous My Little Pony shows (G3 to be exact), which I saw clips of and I was ready to run away cringing.

 Yes, it also has its flaws (the movies especially) but it's also better than, well, the previous My Little Pony shows (G3 to be exact), which I saw clips of and I was ready to run away cringing

Equals

Good News (or bad): I'm not a fan of the movies

Good News (or bad): I'm not a fan of the movies. Equestria Girls started out good but botched it when Twilight entered "the alternate world" which is, big shock, our world.

(Alright, can you guys just let me fangirl here though?)

Favorite episodes of the entire series: Lesson Zero, Twilight's Kingdom, Slice of Life and The Crystal Empire (Yeah, 2 out of the 4 happen to be two parters. Hmm.)

Twilight's Kingdom: THIS EPISODE WAS AWESOME. END OF STORY. The fight between Twilight and Tirek was one of the show's best.

The Crystal Empire: I get that a lot of people don't really like it but hey, I do, and I don't know why it gets the hate that it has. It's a decent episode.

Lesson Zero: The first time I watched it I really didn't like it. But watching it again recently, I was laughing my ass off. Twilight going batshit insane was just straight up hilarious.

Slice of Life: Just....Gold. This episode had me rolling over in laughter. Shining Armor was crying at a wedding, Princess Celestia and Luna were fighting like actual sisters and the overall chaos was hilarious. And just how many Doctor Who references were in this bloody episode?!

Favorite song of the entire series: This Day Aria

THIS SONG IS ABSOLUTE GOLD. LISTEN TO THIS IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE ME. The vocals and choreography are amazing. Daniel Ingram, you have outdone yourself.

(End of fangirling)

TRIVIA TIME:

- Lauren Faust, in addition to being the reason why this show has an adult fan base, is also the wife of Craig McCraken, the creator of The Powerpuff Girls. You think I'm kidding? If you watch the Powerpuff Girls documentary, "Who, What, Where, How, Why...Who Cares?", McCraken literally talks about how he met Lauren when working on season 3 of the bloody show. And yes, she did work with him on the show.

- Most of your probably know this by now but Tara Strong, who voices Twilight Sparkle, also voiced Bubbles from Powerpuff Girls, along with Raven from Teen Titans, Timmy Turner, Poof, and a bunch of others. (No, Grey Delisie voiced Daphne Blake, Frankie Foster, Azula, Tootie and Vicky. Get your mind educated.)

*Ahem* Moving on....

I never read any fanfics. But the fandom, OH MY GOD

I used to be in the My Little Pony community on Google Plus, not because I was a hardcore fan but rather out of amusement. And the stuff I have seen on there is more cringe worthy than Tumblr MLP and DeviantArt. Well, not as cringe-worthy as DeviantArt but you get the idea.

I never found the appeal of making a pony OC. I just....didn't.

And thanks to the person who inspired this rant, who brought up the topic of fanfics (check out her rant book, its awesome) I found out that there's actual human x pony smut.

Oh god.

*shrieks and screams are heard all around the world*

That, my fellow readers, are the terrified screams of people around the world as they wonder what is to come in a fandom who write pony porn BASED OFF A SHOW MEANT FOR KIDS.

I don't want to go any further but she goes into more detail into it.

Recently I was looking around for new stuff when I discovered that people ship Twilight and Sunset Shimmer from Equestria Girls. I have nothing against the ship but...I just found it odd that there's a ton of fanfics about them out there. :/

That's pretty much what I got for now. ! And this is out of curiosity but what do you guys think are my strongest and weakest rants? Comment below and let me know what you think! :D