Mini Rants #3

^^^^^^Accurate representation of how I've been feeling over the past few months. Let's start of the year right, shall we?

1) Sakura Kinomoto:

So I'm on Tumblr the other day and i come across this post asking why people hate Sakura Kinomoto as they see her as a really sweet character. One said that some people think that she's a Mary Sue and honestly, that's when I put down my phone with a poker face and facepalmed.

 One said that some people think that she's a Mary Sue and honestly, that's when I put down my phone with a poker face and facepalmed

First off, the fact that some people hate Sakura Kinomoto is legitimately shocking for me. Second, what planet are these people from? Up until now, I've never heard of nor meet a single person who hated Sakura and that honestly says a lot. The girl is a dorky cinnamon roll for crying out loud. I get that people can have opinions and if you don't like Sakura, fine. But to call her a Mary Sue is honestly kind of insulting. I mean, I could write an entire rant about how much of a personality Sakura actually has (getting angry for the smallest things, getting flustered, clumsy, oblivious at times, ect) and how much she actually had to grow in order to get to the part where people think she's OP, but you know what, people might do this better than I can and even if I might write one eventually, it'll probably be in a newer rant book or something.

On that note, who's watching the new anime? I want to watch it BUT TIME I NEED TIME AND I WANT TO CATCH UP ON THE MANGA- 

AHEM. Next point-

2) Chapter 135 of Kuroshitsuji:

Yana-sensei, haven't we suffered enough? I get that this chapter was necessary and I was prepared about the fact that it was going to show what happened to the poor boys during their time in the cult

Yana-sensei, haven't we suffered enough? I get that this chapter was necessary and I was prepared about the fact that it was going to show what happened to the poor boys during their time in the cult. But damn...I still wasn't prepared for the content of the chapter. I'll admit, it was hard to sit through. Kuro has always been twisted and dark but this chapter....really isn't for the faint of heart. It's not too graphic but it does touch on a rather sensitive territory and people might get triggered by that.

And while we're on the subject, I don't mind the 2CT reveal tbh. I may have experienced the negative effects of the Sebastian and Ciel ship on Google+ a long time ago, but until the reveal I never looked up the Kuroshitsuji tag on Tumblr. I'm....kind of pleased with what I saw so far :D

(For the record, I will never type out the ship name for those two and if you want more info on that, read the ship names rant AHAAAAAHAHAH)  

3) The Logan Paul Controversy: 

From what I hear about it, a YouTuber named Logan Paul posted a video of a dead body in a "suicide forest" in Japan when there were signs clearly stating that they shouldn't record and that it was a place of peace. For the record, I never saw the video and I never will. Honestly, I just don't want to watch it, end of story. I'm already imagining what the video is like and even though I've never had a experience with the topic, it still makes me uncomfortable and it's still something I do not wish to see as I want to respect the family of the dead person in the video. What he did is honestly sickening, disrespectful and unforgivable. I'm glad people like Sean (jacksepticeye) are calling him out on this bullshit and honestly, after reading Logan's "apology" on Twitter, I'm with the majority consensus that it was utter fucking bullshit. I normally do not provide opinions on YouTube drama, but I feel like this was something I needed to talk about since it is everywhere. 

4) Kyoko Kirigiri hate:

Why do people hate her? Some say that she has no personality

Why do people hate her? Some say that she has no personality. Honestly, I just like her because she's a cool character. Also I fucking love her design but that depends on the person. I'll admit, out of the others in the franchise she's the one that got the least character development but that doesn't detract me from liking her. And yeah, when people say that she doesn't have a personality, I can see why they say that. She does have a calm and composed demeanor all the time, even when dealing face first with despair. But you have to understand, she's a detective. She sees stuff like dead bodies and mysteries all the time. That doesn't mean that she doesn't feel that despair, she just has a very strong will, it is often showcased throughout the games and anime.

And yeah, don't think I don't remember Shuichi Saihara. There's a clear difference between an experienced detective and an inexperienced detective. Kyoko herself said that she comes from a family of them so it makes sense that she's the way she is, vs Shuichi, who only technically solved one case. (And for that matter, I've played V3 and I am not spoiling the details in this bloody rant concerning him. In fact, the entirety of V3 is meant for another time ahahahah)

In addition to everything else, Kyoko also has a tendency to hide her feelings. I mean, Kizakura sacrificed his own life for her in order to keep a promise to her father and she chose to not make any comments about why he did that. And we all know how Kyoko feels about her father and even at that point, when she's considerably more friendly (towards Makoto and Asahina, that is), that topic is a bit sensitive to her. 

And granted, the anime did make her a bit more bland compared to the others so again, if they've only seen the anime and haven't played the games, I can see why people don't like her. To be honest, I kind of find Kyoko's personality similar to Olivier Armstrong, or rather, how cold and stoic one might seem but are strong willed and able to press forward.

And that's enough for this rant honestly, I just needed to vent lmao. College is already kicking me in the butt this quarter so-

Sayonara till the next rant XD