Book 2: -Chapter Five

Start from the beginning

"Wait, just come this way." He told me as he turned me away from my class and brought me towards the corner. "First off." He said as he gestured to the scooter thing in front of me. 

I gasped covering my mouth with my hands. "What?" I exclaimed not believing that it was mine. It was a red colored scooter, seeing as that was my colors after all. 

"You like it?" Ben asked in an almost nervous expression like he was afraid that I wouldn't like it. 

"Does an Ogre like cheese puffs?" I asked as I walked over to my very own scooter. "This is amazing! It's even purple." I said as I turned towards him but guilt suddenly over took me. "I didn't get you anything..." I trailed off. 

"You're taking me on a picnic with all my favorite foods... remember?" Ben said as he leaned against the lockers. Everyone had cleared the hallways seeing as the bell had rang for everyone to go to their classes. 

"That's Thursday." I told him as I placed my hand on his shoulder and gently ran my hand up and down a few times. 

"It is Thursday." Ben said with a smile. 

"No, it's not." I argued with a small laugh. 

"Yes, it is." He said as he pulled out his phone and showed me the date. He was correct, it was in fact Thursday and I was already suppose to have the food done so we could go on our picnic. How could I forget it? 

"I knew that." I told him playing it off coolly. 

"If you don't have it, it's fine." He stated as he put his phone back away. 

"I was totally messing with you. I knew it was Thursday." I told him with a smile hoping he wasn't catching my lie. "I just have one more thing to go bake and then I am all yours." I added as I tapped his nose while saying the last bits. 

"What about class?" Ben asked as he pointed down the hall towards my next class. 

"I can multi-task." I told him as I started walking away. 

"You're the best." He shouted after me. Once I was out of his sight I rubbed my forehead. 

How is all of this happening so fast? and why am I wishing I was back on the isle? There wasn't any stress there, at least not like this. The only stress I had to worry about was making my dad proud and now that seems like it would've been easier than this. 

*

First the Cotillion and now this? I can't believe I got the whole committee pounding me about decorations, I forgot to make Ben's picnic and now someone was just now yelling questions at me over something stupid. I obviously did what anyone would do and ran, I quickly ran into Carlos and Jay's dorm while shutting the door behind me. 

I began pacing the room and breathing heavy, the tv caught my attention and it was talking about me again. I picked up the remote and struggled turning it off. I quickly felt my hands start to shake and sparks ignited. 

"Woah, take it easy." I heard Carlos say. He was probably confused as to why I had sparks shooting out of my fingertips a second ago. 

"Easy? You think this is so easy?" I snapped as I walked closer to him. "I have someone taking pictures of me or asking me questions before I even get the chance to say "boo" I mean, not that I would say boo. but you know what I mean." 

"Sorry." Carlos muttered as he turned his attention back to the computer.

"Do you ever miss... screaming at people and making them run from you?" I asked his as I finally got my breathing under control. 

"You're thinking of my mother and I was usually on the other end of that, so... not really." Carlos told me as he shook his head. "Grace, you never really fit in with us... why are you thinking about it now?" 

I shook my head and didn't answer his question, "Why were you sparking earlier?" Carlos asked as I heard the door open. I looked over and Mal came in... she gave us a smile and waited till we were done talking. 

"I have to go." I muttered before walking out. 

How can I continue handling this? 

*************************************************************

A/N: 

Another quick little note..

sorry for not posting. There will be a longer apology in the next chapter.