Book 2: -Chapter Five

A/N: Guys! I forgot to put this in the last chapter but we hit 100k reads! I want to thank you all for reading this book. It's crazy how many reads, comments, and likes this book has. I never imagines that my book would actually be this popular. We're ranked #655 in fan fictions and it's all because of you guys. I know that 655 is far away but I didn't expect to even have  story ever ranked on wattpad and it's all because of you amazing readers. now, I'm sorry I'm taking the story time. I hope you enjoy this chapter and you can now read!

**********************************************************************************

GRACE'S P.O.V

I rolled my eyes as we made our way through the school courtyard. Everyone who didn't have a date wanted Jay to be there's. The girls were going crazy and asking him left and right, I'm sure it was bugging them that he hadn't picked one yet. I was zoned out through most of the conversations or whatever was going on around me. I've been so lost in my head lately and I didn't know what to do about it honestly. 

*TBH i'm skipping the part of all of them in the courtyard.*

I feel like Ben is acting weird, I mean, he was privately talking to Jane today and I don't know why. I know I have nothing to worry about seeing as Carlos likes her and I'm almost a hundred percent sure that she likes him back. I know that Ben cares for me, so I am fully aware that he would never do that to me. Something is off and I just hope that he doesn't know about my magic. If he finds out then I can expect a talk from him later about it and how my book belongs in the museum. 

I jerked open my locker door, I left my spell book in there and I needed it before the end of the day. Of course, no one who knows about my magic agrees to me using it. That's why what they don't know won't hurt them. I was fixing to grab my book when Ben slid up beside me. "Hey, Grace." He said as my nerves picked up about him seeing the book. 

"Hi." I fake laughed as I gave him a small smile. 

"I have a surprise for you." He told me. 

I gave him a look, "Again? wow.. that's like everyday now." I told him. I honestly didn't want him doing this much for me. 

"Every other day, the even days." He told me in a particular tone that made me give him a small smile again. "Because you're even more perfect than I thought." I gave him a fake laugh at the cheesy line. 

"That is me, I am perfect." I said as a joke and laughed a bit. 

"Come on. Let me spoil you... you didn't have a lot growing up." Ben told me almost like he was starting to pity the way we grew up. I didn't want pity from anyone, especially my boyfriend. 

"We managed." I told him and gave him a smile but I knew that my eyes said something else but I was hoping he couldn't read me. 

I reached into my locker and started to grab something before Ben noticed the book, "Hey, I thought Mal donated that to the museum..." Ben trailed off. I shut my locker quickly so he couldn't notice that it wasn't Mal's. 

"Is that still in there?" I asked as I faked a laugh. "Mal wanted me to give it to Fairy Godmother but I haven't had the time yet." I told him and gave him a smile. I brought my hand up and played with his hair for a moment, "I got to get to class. I really don't want to be late." I told him.