"Hey" he smiles, he has two containers in his hand and I furrow my brows. "I was midway through my mums pasta so I figured I should bring you some too, since it is your favourite" he explains and I smile.

I move away from the door allowing him to come in, he shuts the door behind him and stares at Lucy's empty side of the room.

"No one sleeps there so you can take a seat" I say and he nods.

"Are you looking for a new room mate?"

"I wish I just got myself a room for myself, at the time I thought it'd be better to have a room mate so it's easier to make friends" I chuckle and shake my head. "Boy was I wrong"

"I'll take that as a no, but I'm sure the college automatically put someone in if you can't find anyone"

"You know what Dan, I don't really care who it is, just so long as it's no one from skankville" I smile and he lets out a laugh.

"Have you caught up with sui-"

"Cut the small talk, why are you really here"

"I'm sorry" he sighs looking down and I cross my arms and take a seat on my bed.

"I don't even think you know what for"

"Then tell me" he says and I want to laugh and slap him at the same time.

"God! Why are boys so stupid! You do so much shit to me and when you apologise you can't even remember what it's for. Well I'll help you just this once genius, maybe your apologising for the countless mood swings, or the constant on and off interactions with me, or how your so called friends treat me, or how you try to kiss me or how hours after that I see you touching another girl and when I try to get over it you humiliate me in front of everyone! So Dan pick which you're apologising for" I'm breathless by the time I'm done and I watch him stare at me with guilty eyes.

"I-I didn't realise how much I'd been hurting you" he almost whispers and I scoff. "I'm so sorry for everything Ella, I truly am, it's just I'm not used to having a good friend, someone who genuinely cares you know"

"So why the kiss, and then the other girl? If you're trying to fuck with my feelings then you're doing a great job"

"The kiss was a mistake Ella, heat of the moment and I guess I was just angry at myself for letting it get to that and I took it out on you. I never meant to hurt you and I promise I won't ever again"

"Do you know how many times I have heard that" I laugh. "I'll never hurt you" I imitate comically. "Every fucking person promises that and you know what they do, they hurt me!"

"Well fine, I won't say it. Fuck, I'll probably say something mean to you later but I promise this. I promise to look out for you and care for you with only the best intentions at heart. And I mean it Ella, I've never meant anything more deeply, I'm sorry. I know I've been a dick but I've realised you're too special to lose. So please listen to me, I am so sorry"

"You always know what to say" I sigh with a laugh and he walks over to me opening his arms.

"I know you more than you think" he pulls me into his chest slightly and I let my head rest.

"Can we dig into the pasts" he asks and I laugh.

"I heard that stomach rumble"

"Yep, that means we deffo have to eat"

He brings over the containers and some plastic utensils, I shift over and we both sit together watching some documentary about human instincts

"Ella" Dan says midway and I put my food down.

"Yh"

"Are you doing anything tomorrow?" He asks hesitantly.

"No, why?"

"I-I was hoping you'd join me to the Christmas party that Claire's hosting. You don't have to but-"

"Sure" I smile.

"You're ok with Lucy and the crew being there? And I think they did want to apologise a-"

"It's fine, I'm looking forward to seeing Drew being apologetic" I laugh.

"Cool, I'll pick you up say, evening time"

"Or just text me" I smile and we continue back on the documentary.